New pro basketball league for US-born whites only

PromoTheRobot

wow...I have a feeling this won't end well. The motivation is to play "fundemental basketball" and not "street ball"??? Perhaps they've never seen a "white kid" play that way....Here's a news flash...fundamental basketball IS BORING...that went out in the 50's.

wow...I have a feeling this won't end well. The motivation is to play "fundemental basketball" and not "street ball"??? Perhaps they've never seen a "white kid" play that way....Here's a news flash...fundamental basketball IS BORING...that went out in the 50's.

We were taught the "pivot" in high school...

We also had Indian clubs to play around with, which today fail on two points - potential deadly weapon, and "insensitive".

Can you imagine the furor today, if a couple of kids whipped out their jack knives and became blood brothers? :lol:

Edited by stuckincincy

We were taught the "pivot" in high school...

This girl in HS named Rhonda taught me that.

Help me rhonda

Help, help me rhonda

Help me rhonda

Help, help me rhonda

Help me rhonda

Help, help me rhonda

Help me rhonda

Help, help me rhonda

Help me rhonda

Help, help me rhonda

Help me rhonda

Help, help me rhonda

Help me rhonda yeah

Thanks!! :lol:

A "fundamentals-first" league is not the worst idea. But I think everyone can agree that this guy is going about it completely the wrong way. Setting up race restrictions is absurd, and his line "I don't hate people of color" is pretty comical, I fully expected the requisite follow up "My best friend is black."

It doesn't take long to think of two reasons why the race-based restrictions are an absolute joke:

Chris Paul is as fundamentally sound as any basketball player of the modern era, but he's black so I guess he's playing streetball.

And Chris "Birdman" Anderson is 100% white, but can pretty much only run and jump, and even won the dunk contest. He is covered in tattoos and was suspended for two full seasons because of failing multiple drug tests for "drugs of abuse." But he's not a thug playing streetball.

Like I said, a league that enforces basic rules and focuses on fundamentals isn't the worst idea. But it doesn't have to look like "Hoosiers" and players certainly shouldn't be predetermined by skin color. Not every black kid is Lebron James, and not every white kid is Jerry Sullivan.

A "fundamentals-first" league is not the worst idea. But I think everyone can agree that this guy is going about it completely the wrong way. Setting up race restrictions is absurd, and his line "I don't hate people of color" is pretty comical, I fully expected the requisite follow up "My best friend is black."

It doesn't take long to think of two reasons why the race-based restrictions are an absolute joke:

Chris Paul is as fundamentally sound as any basketball player of the modern era, but he's black so I guess he's playing streetball.

And Chris "Birdman" Anderson is 100% white, but can pretty much only run and jump, and even won the dunk contest. He is covered in tattoos and was suspended for two full seasons because of failing multiple drug tests for "drugs of abuse." But he's not a thug playing streetball.

Like I said, a league that enforces basic rules and focuses on fundamentals isn't the worst idea. But it doesn't have to look like "Hoosiers" and players certainly shouldn't be predetermined by skin color. Not every black kid is Lebron James, and not every white kid is Jerry Sullivan.

You forgot to include Jason Williams too.

A potential stumbling block for the new league is Michael J. Fox. He's 100% American caucasian, but also can morph into Teen Wolf and turn games into a showtime dunk fest. Would he be allowed to play?

wait, I thought he was Canadian...he and Steve Nash...NOT ALLOWED.

Ah, the old-timey "funamentals" style b-ball! Do they wear the short shorts? It's fun to mimic this style. Try it with your friends. Dribble only straight up and down with no carry, stop, use your pivot foot, and deliver a very precise two-hand bounce pass from high up on your chest. My favorite is to launch a very tastefull one-hand set shot or sort of half-hook toss shot from about 35 feet. (note: always announce these shots by shouting "Clyde Lovellette!" just before you launch).

Ah, the old-timey "funamentals" style b-ball! Do they wear the short shorts? It's fun to mimic this style. Try it with your friends. Dribble only straight up and down with no carry, stop, use your pivot foot, and deliver a very precise two-hand bounce pass from high up on your chest. My favorite is to launch a very tastefull one-hand set shot or sort of half-hook toss shot from about 35 feet. (note: always announce these shots by shouting "Clyde Lovellette!" just before you launch).

:thumbsup::lol: Clyde Lovellette indeed. :worthy:

Then change the rules. Don't even bother with the traveling rule. That one's never enforced correctly.