nfl.com mock draft

bkc

That is a horrible mock draft. There is no way Bradford falls to # 26 and no way Claussen does not go in the first round

it is early and we will see a lot of them but 4 tackles in the top 9 jumped out at me

I'd take McClain over Cambell in this situation. Most likely we're going to be drafting mid to early next season too. Why not get the best LB in the draft this year, and hope for better than the 4th best LT in next year's draft? How much success is a rookie LT going to have with on this team in year 1 anyway? He's going to be in the trenches next to a second year player. I'd rather address LT through Free Agency or via a trade (any takers for Marshawn?).

Bringing in McClain means giving a rookie a chance to succeed. Paired on the inside with Poz on a 3-4, or moving Poz to the outside on a 4-3, he'll have a chance to become an immediate impact on defense. Sometimes you have to put your best people in your biggest oppurtunities, rather than your biggest problem spots.

I'd take McClain over Cambell in this situation. Most likely we're going to be drafting mid to early next season too. Why not get the best LB in the draft this year, and hope for better than the 4th best LT in next year's draft? How much success is a rookie LT going to have with on this team in year 1 anyway? He's going to be in the trenches next to a second year player. I'd rather address LT through Free Agency or via a trade (any takers for Marshawn?).

Bringing in McClain means giving a rookie a chance to succeed. Paired on the inside with Poz on a 3-4, or moving Poz to the outside on a 4-3, he'll have a chance to become an immediate impact on defense. Sometimes you have to put your best people in your biggest oppurtunities, rather than your biggest problem spots.

i feel the exact same way. if youre looking for players to make an immediate impact as rookies, McClain is the way to go (over the 3rd or 4th LT). at that point, youre better off drafting the 5th or 6th OT with your 2nd round pick.

Seems about right. Clausen has been the number 1 pick for months on most mock drafts, but he'll drop. No-one wants to risk a top choice on anyone as questionable as him or Bradford. They'll slide. The OTs are the stars of this draft, along with Mr. Suh and Mr. McCoy.