best Chan gailey quote

KRT88

Watching the "settle" conference...oh wait the "we got the best guy" conference, I will say that one quote more than other truly stood out from coach Gailey...

"a lot of 6th and 7th round picks have gone on to be Pro Bowlers"

the top choice isn't alway the best guy. those later rounds picks are often hungrier and want it more. Jackson verses Lynch is an example of that on the roster. Maybe Gailey wasn't the top pick, but he comes in here with a desire to prove something, especially now. When I look back in my Bills history....

Coach Knox....too young to know any better

Coach Stephenson...still too young to see he was crap

Coach Bullough...truly hate it, before, during and after

Coach Levy ... wasn't thrilled at the time but history showed us what he could do

Coach Phillips....hated the move but later hated the firing even more so.

Coach Williams...really hated it, felt like we pass on better candiates, Lewis and Fox, especially Lewis.

Coach Mukarley...really liked this choice

Coach Jauron...really hated this but would Greg Sherman have been better?

looking back i hate several successful coaches and liked a real dude, who am I to judge these guys, I'll let there win/lose determine if they are any good.

just a thought

Personally, I thought the best quote was that Chan "expects" to win, not "hopes" to win. At least under this regime, I don't think we'll hear "it's hard to win in this league" again.

That said, the proof will be in the pudding. Good luck, Chan.

Ah, I didn't even look at it from that perspective. When he said that, I thought he was referring to the draft, and how part of his strategy was going to be a better utilization of that this season. It didn't register that he could be talking about himself - makes sense, though!

Personally, I thought the best quote was that Chan "expects" to win, not "hopes" to win. At least under this regime, I don't think we'll hear "it's hard to win in this league" again.

That said, the proof will be in the pudding. Good luck, Chan.

I like Rex Ryan's attitude. You shouldn't take a HC job unless you believe you can win every game. JMO

Watching the "settle" conference...oh wait the "we got the best guy" conference, I will say that one quote more than other truly stood out from coach Gailey...

"a lot of 6th and 7th round picks have gone on to be Pro Bowlers"

the top choice isn't alway the best guy. those later rounds picks are often hungrier and want it more. Jackson verses Lynch is an example of that on the roster. Maybe Gailey wasn't the top pick, but he comes in here with a desire to prove something, especially now. When I look back in my Bills history....

Coach Knox....too young to know any better

Coach Stephenson...still too young to see he was crap

Coach Bullough...truly hate it, before, during and after

Coach Levy ... wasn't thrilled at the time but history showed us what he could do

Coach Phillips....hated the move but later hated the firing even more so.

Coach Williams...really hated it, felt like we pass on better candiates, Lewis and Fox, especially Lewis.

Coach Mukarley...really liked this choice

Coach Jauron...really hated this but would Greg Sherman have been better?

looking back i hate several successful coaches and liked a real dude, who am I to judge these guys, I'll let there win/lose determine if they are any good.

just a thought

i think we've made a terrible hire, plain and simple; that being said i'm a bills fan and will continue to be a bills fan even if their are at least 10-15 people more qualified to be coach. But, if Nix truly has faith in Gailey he better have some Bill Polian-esque drafts ASAP; talent wins out in the end, even if we have the 32nd best (paid accordingly) coach superior talent wins out.

heres to hope!!! (its all we have on black wednesday)

i think we've made a terrible hire, plain and simple; that being said i'm a bills fan and will continue to be a bills fan even if their are at least 10-15 people more qualified to be coach. But, if Nix truly has faith in Gailey he better have some Bill Polian-esque drafts ASAP; talent wins out in the end, even if we have the 32nd best (paid accordingly) coach superior talent wins out.

heres to hope!!! (its all we have on black wednesday)

Agreed. Head coach hirings are just like draft picks, you research as much as you can on all of your options, you go out and make your best guess based on what's available and you never know how you did until the real bullets start flying on the field.

Anything else at this point is just like grading a college draft the day after its over-- virtually impossible to tell whether or not you've made the right choice.

All of our recent HC's have been defensive guys except Mularkey, who I think wasn't ready. I'm glad we got an offensive guy who has put his NFL teams in the playoffs more seasons than not. Time to take a shot at a first round QB and let it fly baby.....

Im pullin for ya Chan the Man !

I like Rex Ryan's attitude. You shouldn't take a HC job unless you believe you can win every game. JMO

I think Rex Ryan is a blowhard whose emotions are easily swayed by the moment. When the Jets went through their midseason swoon he was crying in the locker room, and then he publicly "confirmed" the Jets were out of the playoffs. Great attitude.

The Jets are a lucky team with a VERY good defense. Indy needs to put them down on Sunday and show everyone they should never have been in this tournament to begin with.

I just hope the Bills can start finding some luck again.

I think Rex Ryan is a blowhard whose emotions are easily swayed by the moment. When the Jets went through their midseason swoon he was crying in the locker room, and then he publicly "confirmed" the Jets were out of the playoffs. Great attitude.

The Jets are a lucky team with a VERY good defense. Indy needs to put them down on Sunday and show everyone they should never have been in this tournament to begin with.

I just hope the Bills can start finding some luck again.

I like the cut of your jib.....could not have been said any better.