New Coach

I listened to the 550 broadcast of todays Gailey introduction. I am a Bills fan and have been for a long time, so my thoughts and feelings are certainly divided here. One part of me says there are some good things about the Bills.

For instance, Russ Brandon - on a purely marketing basis, has done one hell of a job selling this team to the area. He is good at what he does. Now, you introduce Nix and the notion that football guys will get to finally control football things - like F.A. and the draft, and down to schemes and such. I don't know about how everyone feels and thinks, but I liked our first draft with a Nix influence. Those first four or five picks were good - with Maybin being the big question mark. Nevertheless, the lines are going to get better with more talent like this last years draft.

With Gailey saying he and Nix would have control of football operations - I just think that these are some pretty accomplished guys who a lot of outsiders have overlooked, but who can now get together and build something that will forever be their highest attempt at greatness. They are each at their peak moment in their lives, and I like what they are saying. Replace Cowher or Shannahan or Marty and have them say what Gailey said today about fundamentals and toughness, and I think we'd all be o.k. with it, if not excited.

Lets give these two accomplished men a chance to build something new and great, for us fans and for themselves.