1 on 1 with Chan Gailey

gball77

He used a buzz word that I look for..."expectations". He says he plans to hold the players, the staff, and himself accountable, and I like that.

Now that Martyball isn't coming, I'm willing to give the guy a chance. I just hope he hires a DC who can really get the job done on that side of the ball.

yes... but it sounds like gailey is planning to try whatever offence he thinks will work with what he has... and it seems like it has worked for him in the past, bringing up horrible offences to at least mediocre status and mediocre offences to decent levels...

so the spread is just one part in his massive bag of tricks

In Pitt and KC he had the Olines to run the spread. I hope I'm wrong but I see nothing at the most critical OLine positions required for the spread to succeed currently on our roster. Gotta protect the edges where it's vulnerable. Gailey will play to his personnel and perhaps we'll acquire the personnel to run it but right now we don't seem to have it at the OT positions.

I'd love to see it, though. We've got the skill guys to make it work at least at the receiver, RB, and TE level. Not sure about QB either, though.

GO BILLS!!!