What could have been

Simon

HC - Marty Schottenheimer

OC - Chan Gailey (or 'lil Schottenheimer)

DC - Mike Nolan

Dir of Scouting - Tom Modrak

General Manager - Buddy Nix

That's a very respectable group and if Ralph stays out of the way (yeah, right) this team could have actually started winning some ball games in the next year or two.

DC - Mike Nolan

That's a very respectable group and if Ralph stays out of the way (yeah, right) this team could have actually started winning some ball games in the next year or two.

Simon: why are you posting? Don't you have threads to merge/close? I see a bunch of them. :lol:

FWIW, they were never going to get Nolan. That deal was set in motion long before he and Denver officially parted company.

I supposed I should have guessed that; must have forgot that NFL teams are allowed to exhibit foresight.

Simon: why are you posting? Don't you have threads to merge/close? I see a bunch of them. :lol:

Don't make me come up there......

And believe it or not I've already merged a bunch, but it's becoming hopeless.

Sometimes you've just got to give the horse his lead. :doh:

DC - Mike Nolan

Two things. First I think Gailey will do a hell of a job. That said the Second thing (which I get bashed on repeatedly...) NOTHING will change till Ralph Wilson is no longer owner. I feel we would of had Shanahan or Cowher if Ralph wasn't owner.

I supposed I should have guessed that; must have forgot that NFL teams are allowed to exhibit foresight.

Interesting thing is, the Bills ALSO asked Denver for permission to talk to Nolan as soon as the season ended, but I don't think they ever had a chance once he found out Miami wanted him. That tidbit is per one of the Broncos' beat guys, by the by.

Don't make me come up there......

And believe it or not I've already merged a bunch, but it's becoming hopeless.

Sometimes you've just got to give the horse his lead. :thumbsup:

Yep.

Two things. First I think Gailey will do a hell of a job. That said the Second thing (which I get bashed on repeatedly...) NOTHING will change till Ralph Wilson is no longer owner. I feel we would of had Shanahan or Cowher if Ralph wasn't owner.

If Ralph prevented us from a Shanahan hiring that would have given him control over personell, I thank him for it. If Ralph prevented a Cowher hiring I doubly thank him for it. And while I don't have a problem with Chan Gailey, I think he'd have been a lot more effective as the OC with Marty as lead dog.

And almost everybody agrees that Ralph is a problem and things aren't going to change as long as he is the owner. That is not the reason you get bashed. :thumbsup:

You shoulda called Geico.

Are you saying we should have hired the lizard? Because he's a limey, right?

Interesting thing is, the Bills ALSO asked Denver for permission to talk to Nolan as soon as the season ended, but I don't think they ever had a chance once he found out Miami wanted him. That tidbit is per one of the Broncos' beat guys, by the by.

Cool, thanks for the tidbit.

More on this:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/01/19/nolans-jum...iami-clarified/

The money quote from Steve Wyche: "With a deal coming together so quickly with the Dolphins –- one day after Nolan split from Denver –- parameters of a deal had to have been in place before or shortly after he left the Broncos."

PFT suggests tampering. I'm inclined to agree, but if McDaniels was helping him pack, I doubt they'll do anything about it.

Here's the Denver Post story which mentions Buffalo's interest. Had to dig to find a link that wasn't behind their paywall:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncosheadlines...9106?source=rss