How much does Gailey help Marshawn Lynch

Here's the section I was reffering to, Tim caught up on it as well: http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/...-laidback-bills

Gailey spoke about his philosophies in turning around a franchise that hasn't reached the playoffs in a decade.

"I believe you have to be fundamentally sound. I think you have to teach fundamentals. I worked for a guy way back when I first started coaching, he had a great saying, and the saying was plays are more fun than fundamentals, but fundamentals are more important than plays. ... What wins the majority of the time is blocking and tackling and throwing and catching and kicking. That's what wins games. So I believe in fundamentals and teaching fundamentals and being fundamentally sound.

"I believe in toughness and discipline. This is a tough game for tough people. This is a disciplined game as well. You can't just go out there and be a tough guy and run around wildly. You've got to be disciplined. But you can't be so disciplined that you play under control. You've got to have some toughness to you. So that's a fine line. You've got to talk about those two terms in the same breath.

"I believe in organization, removing the gray area as much as you possibly can. ... Once everybody has their role defined, once everybody has exactly what they're trying to get done explained to them perfectly, then there's accountability -- for everybody, from the top to the bottom for everybody that's involved in winning football games.

"Last but not least, I believe in character. I believe we're going to try to get our guys to understand how important it is to do things the right way both on and off the field. It's for the good of the team, and it's for the longevity of their careers."

Yes, Marshawn Lynch. We're looking at you.

My take is Gailey says, he knows you have to run the football to win. He also says he will address character right away. So besides making Kawika delete his Twitter account, I hope that means he is going to take Lynch aside immediately. I would guess that he will not trade Lynch. This team has too many holes to fill, and whether fans (some, not all) like it or not, a well-conditioned Lynch is the kind of guy you build an offense around. I would see him trying to mentor Lynch and letting him and Jackson be the two headed monster that they can be.

I think that Lynch will be on a short list, and not have his off the field antics tolerated. This being said, I really hope he turns it around. It sucks that this kid has a chance to be something special, but he finds some sort of attraction in the lifestyle of a thug. If Marshawn thinks that ghetto is cool, while he is a multi-millionaire with a chance to provide a living for himself and a family that we can't even comprehend that's going to have to be his fate. I find it a little hard to blame guys that had no direction under Jauron...I am not saying Jauron is the reason Marshawn is a jerk, but he never would have held his feet to the fire, he just would have said nothing and let him ruin this chance that most only dream of.