high turnout in massachusetts!

Considering the Democrats outnumber Republicans like 3 or 4 to 1, I'd say high turnout in Mass favors the Dems

Brown has the momentum right now. But he's also running uphill in the bluest of the blue states.

I've got a funny feeling it's going to be very close, like 49-48 for Coakley

Considering the Democrats outnumber Republicans like 3 or 4 to 1, I'd say high turnout in Mass favors the Dems

Brown has the momentum right now. But he's also running uphill in the bluest of the blue states.

How are the Americans doing....oops

I don't know what to think of the high turnout, conventional wisdom says that you are right. However, when you look at the numbers 36% identify themselves as Democrat, 13% as Republicans and 51% as independents.

You would think that the highest turnout would be the Republicans and then followed by Independents. Considering that the Democratic base isn't really too energized not just because Coakley sucks as a candidate but the overall mood for Libs are running pretty close to low on empty.

Now I understand that there could be that "Inner Lib" that comes out from the constituents of Mass. and that could lead to a higher turnout and that is certainly possible. I tend to believe that national discontent for how the country is being run is spurring on Independents and Republicans to send a message to Washington, and I believe this argument is founded by all the polls, the high turnouts from his stump speeches and so on. Not only that, everywhere I read, whether it is Politico, The Hill, WAPO and even the Boston Globe the blogs have all been overwhelmingly in Brown's support, I don't know if this is a way to gauge the voter turnout, but in my view it is a metric that could determine the race.

The other thing that I find to be in Browns advantage is that I've read that the independents have been polling anywhere betwen 2 and 3 to 1 advantage and that the white male voters have been overwhelmingly in support of Brown. Women were suppose to be the strong point for Coakley, but in the latest polls she only leads by 5-8% points.

I don't know what to think, I'm afraid that some of these people that responded in favor of Brown at the last moment will do what their partisan leaders tell them is "best for the country" and go with the inferior candidate Coakley.

My gut tells me that Brown will win by 8 points, but my fear is that Coakley will win by 1.

I don't know what to think of the high turnout, conventional wisdom says that you are right. However, when you look at the numbers 36% identify themselves as Democrat, 13% as Republicans and 51% as independents.

You would think that the highest turnout would be the Republicans and then followed by Independents. Considering that the Democratic base isn't really too energized not just because Coakley sucks as a candidate but the overall mood for Libs are running pretty close to low on empty.

Now I understand that there could be that "Inner Lib" that comes out from the constituents of Mass. and that could lead to a higher turnout and that is certainly possible. I tend to believe that national discontent for how the country is being run is spurring on Independents and Republicans to send a message to Washington, and I believe this argument is founded by all the polls, the high turnouts from his stump speeches and so on. Not only that, everywhere I read, whether it is Politico, The Hill, WAPO and even the Boston Globe the blogs have all been overwhelmingly in Brown's support, I don't know if this is a way to gauge the voter turnout, but in my view it is a metric that could determine the race.

The other thing that I find to be in Browns advantage is that I've read that the independents have been polling anywhere betwen 2 and 3 to 1 advantage and that the white male voters have been overwhelmingly in support of Brown. Women were suppose to be the strong point for Coakley, but in the latest polls she only leads by 5-8% points.

I don't know what to think, I'm afraid that some of these people that responded in favor of Brown at the last moment will do what their partisan leaders tell them is "best for the country" and go with the inferior candidate Coakley.

My gut tells me that Brown will win by 8 points, but my fear is that Coakley will win by 1.

One of the things that I found helpful to Brown is the fact that Massachusetts already has a government-run health care plan, and a majority of residents don't like it, so telling them he'll be #41 resonates well. This is not to mention, if you already have health care provided to you at the state level, why the hell would you support a candidate who wants to give you one at the federal level, too?

But most telling to me (a newbie to really following this stuff) is that the WH and the Coakley camps have been absolutely trashing each other today. I mean pissing down each other's necks. Unbeknownst to me until this morning, Coakley was a very firm Hillary supporter, right to the end, and only reluctantly voted for Obama. She also apparently stepped over Ted Kennedy's still-warm corpose on her way to announce she was running for the seat, and this turned the Kennedy's off...until they realized it was her or a Republican, which is probably why the one Kennedy kept calling her "Marcia." The Obama rally turned into a dud, and someone jokingly commented "Well, it was good for Obama because being around Coakley could help his own numbers."

That said, I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, but want to believe that a Brown win or even a narrow loss will be enough to make some blue dogs think twice about what they're doing with the health care bill. A month ago I was putting on knee pads and getting ready to swallow a big helping of liberal bullschit. We're close to pushing this off the tracks. Given the reckless abandon with which this administration is shoving useless crap down our throat, I'll take any bit of optimism I can get.

And if Conner craps his pants in the process, all the better...

What the....O'Reilly discussed it for 15 min then moved on, and Fox News isn't showing the numbers coming in????

Switched to Olbermann who went of on a tirade calling Brown outrageous names....

Then switched to CNN who's doing a good job covering it.