If the Bills are going to lose that 7th game

Like A Mofo

Hey, you never know what can happen, but in all likelyhood the Bills will not make the playoffs this year, even if they run the table there are 3 teams fighting for 2 WC spots with 7 wins already, so if those all teams go a minimum of 3-3 the rest of the way, Buffalo would still lose tiebreakers because of conference losses and tiebreakers.

Having said that, there are thoughts that J.P. Losman is going to start playing once the Bills lose their 7th game, and IF the coaches are thinking this way, is it better that the 7th loss happens this week versus later in the season? If the Bills get to 6-6, DB will still play and you know we will probably lose 1 of 4 road games, Bills have shown nothing to dispute that from happening.

So is it better to see the 7th loss happen NOW so J.P. can get valuable time on the field which he can take into 2005?????

Again, in NO way am I rooting for the Bills to lose, was just wondering if these thoughts have crossed anyone's minds.....

Guest Guest_Oneida Lake_*
Hey, you never know what can happen, but in all likelyhood the Bills will not make the playoffs this year, even if they run the table there are 3 teams fighting for 2 WC spots with 7 wins already, so if those all teams go a minimum of 3-3 the rest of the way, Buffalo would still lose tiebreakers because of conference losses and tiebreakers.

Having said that,  there are thoughts that J.P. Losman is going to start playing once the Bills lose their 7th game, and IF the coaches are thinking this way, is it better that the 7th loss happens this week versus later in the season?  If the Bills get to 6-6, DB will still play and you know we will probably lose 1 of 4 road games, Bills have shown nothing to dispute that from happening.

So is it better to see the 7th loss happen NOW so J.P. can get valuable time on the field which he can take into 2005?????

Again, in NO way am I rooting for the Bills to lose, was just wondering if these thoughts have crossed anyone's minds.....

128855[/snapback]

Man I just can't believe this stuff...it's mind boggling really.

128903[/snapback]

Again, in NO way am I rooting for the Bills to lose Again, in NO way am I rooting for the Bills to lose Again, in NO way am I rooting for the Bills to lose Again, in NO way am I rooting for the Bills to lose Again, in NO way am I rooting for the Bills to lose

Make sure to read that part of the quote.

Dude, it's _never_ a good thing when the Bills lose, I don't care what the extenuating circumstances are.

128891[/snapback]

Really? So if I told you a loss this year would mean a SB championship next year, you'd still want to win? Obviously, I'm not saying that, but It'd be tough for me to understand why you'd never want to trade a win on a given week for the long term good of the Bills.

Again, in NO way am I rooting for the Bills to lose Again, in NO way am I rooting for the Bills to lose Again, in NO way am I rooting for the Bills to lose Again, in NO way am I rooting for the Bills to lose Again, in NO way am I rooting for the Bills to lose

Make sure to read that part of the quote.

128908[/snapback]

I wouldn't feel like you have to defend yourself, C22. What you are saying makes sense, and the holier than thou, "there's absolutely no possible scenario where we should want the team to lose, even if it helps the very thing we love so much", is what's really mind boggling. I'm not saying that losing this week necessarily would do that, but those weeks do exist, and you shouldn't be ashamed to point them out.

I wouldn't feel like you have to defend yourself, C22.  What you are saying makes sense, and the holier than thou, "there's absolutely no possible scenario where we should want the team to lose, even if it helps the very thing we love so much", is what's really mind boggling.  I'm not saying that losing this week necessarily would do that, but those weeks do exist, and you shouldn't be ashamed to point them out.

128924[/snapback]

I'm got to agree with Kgun5 and C22, too. Who wouldn't trade a loss this year with JPL learning the ropes in the hope of gaining a few extra wins NEXT year because he's had more playing time? There's not a person on this board (except for Pats trolls) that would root for a Bills loss. But let's try and look at the big picture/future. This win against St. Louis does nothing in the long run.

I wouldn't feel like you have to defend yourself, C22.  What you are saying makes sense, and the holier than thou, "there's absolutely no possible scenario where we should want the team to lose, even if it helps the very thing we love so much", is what's really mind boggling.  I'm not saying that losing this week necessarily would do that, but those weeks do exist, and you shouldn't be ashamed to point them out.

128924[/snapback]

Sheesh. Relax, I'm not challenging your manhood here, just your assumption.

There are no scenarios when a loss is better than a win. Unless you have ulterior motives, that is.

There are no scenarios when a loss is better than a win, huh?

Hey, numb nuts, look earlier in this thread. If a loss this year means a Super Bowl next year (for the sake of argument), wouldn't that loss be more valuable than a meaningless win?

It is amazing to see how many say 'I will never root for the bills to lose'

Ok let me throw this at you...if you knew 100% that the Bills would NEVER make the playoffs with Bledsoe as QB, BUT if we lost enough games that would make TD and MM Make the change, you still wouldn't root for a loss?

Honestly, then you don't care about the Bills. I am damn serious. Not trying to piss anyone off, but if that is your mentality you don't care about the Bills.

And that folks is where we are at.

Sheesh.  Relax, I'm not challenging your manhood here, just your assumption.

There are no scenarios when a loss is better than a win. Unless you have ulterior motives, that is.

128938[/snapback]

LOL...I didn't think anyone was challenging manhoods here. I disagree with your premise, but you're not the one who said it was "mind boggling" for C22 to even mention the idea. I just wanted him to know that there may be people just as loyal to the Bills who agree with him, along with those that don't. Perhaps I came off too defensive. My apologies.

As for ulterior motives, I'm guessing you're talking more along the lines of what we were discussing as opposed to, say, a wager made on the game. If that's the case, I'd rather see the Bills win in almost every scenario. There are some times where I would be able to accept a loss as being a positive if it meant that the team will be better off. I guess it comes down to personal preference in a sense.

It is amazing to see how many say 'I will never root for the bills to lose' 

Ok let me throw this at you...if you knew 100% that the Bills would NEVER make the playoffs with Bledsoe as QB, BUT if we lost enough games that would make TD and MM Make the change, you still wouldn't root for a loss?

Honestly, then you don't care about the Bills.  I am damn serious. Not trying to piss anyone off, but if that is your mentality you don't care about the Bills.

And that folks is where we are at.

128959[/snapback]

I agree ICE, and that is my motivation with that thought process.

Look at the AFC people. Its way too tough to even dream of either making the playoffs or going to the Super Bowl at this moment. We ALL want to see the Bills win, but if a loss helps get J.P. in the lineup faster and helps him get valuable experience, then that is a positive to look at. for 2005 and beyond.

Now if Buffalo were in the NFC, maybe the thought process would be a little different. The playoffs would be more realistic on the NFC.

If anyone misses your logic in this thread Clements22, then they are just too big of homers to understand strategy. I love the Bills. I have a god-damned Bills tattoo. So, don't question the fandom.

BUT, like I said, next year, JP starts. That's a given. So, would you rather him take 4-6 weeks NEXT year to get the kinks out, or do it NOW and basically be a sophomore QB next year?

I am not rooting for them to lose now, but I definitly see the upside.

Of course, if Mularky could just get his head out of his ass and start JP now, this wouldn't even be an issue. I think we all just assume he will start once the season is mathematically done.

Really?  So if I told you a loss this year would mean a SB championship next year, you'd still want to win?  Obviously, I'm not saying that, but It'd be tough for me to understand why you'd never want to trade a win on a given week for the long term good of the Bills.

128913[/snapback]

Because unless you have some psychic ability to see into the future you never know what will end up being good for the team in the long term. As such, I always want 'em to win.