Gailey hire similar to Norv Turner hire in San Diego

Got_Wood

Turned down Singletary, Rivera, Ryan, etc. for the more experienced guy. And the Chargers fans reacted in the same way. Completely uninspired, upset, angry at ownership, etc.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2771126

The difference between the Chargers and the Bills... they had a ton of talent at the time. The Bills aren't completely rebuilding, but they have a ways to go. This team really needs a spark, and I'm not sure Gailey is the guy for the job. Some guys make great coordinators, and some guys can just flat out lead.

Not only does the team need a spark, but the fans do more than ever. This is not a genius marketing move. And the fact that they don't see that is disturbing. The Bills need to attract top notch coordinators and top notch players. I'm certain that this move isn't doing wonders for our league appeal. And it also doesn't provide a pretty picture for our future.

There are a couple positives I see in him: good offensive track record, has been to the playoffs and superbowl quite a few times, and has coached with some of the recent great head coaches in the league (Shannahan and Cowher).

An interesting sub-plot here that I haven't heard anywhere is that he is a former Florida Gator QB. I wonder if this furthers the notion that the Bills want Tebow here? Just a thought.

Anyway, not a thrilled fan today. But this as always may change.

I know. We wanted an up and coming highly respected newbie with head coaching experiece and at least one SB ring who's never had a losing record and never was fired...and who wanted to coach in Buffalo. What so hard about that?

PTR

Yeah seriously. Doesn't OBD know those guys grow on trees? I mean come on!!!