(OT) Best Buy

gantrules

spectacularly? Isn't that a pretty strong adjective for an appliance? I mean, either your fridge stays cold or it doesn't. You washing machine cleans the clothes and spins em fairly damp or it doesn't....

but spectacular????

:rolleyes:

128936[/snapback]

Credit where credit is due. When I was thinking spectacularly, it was the Gemini stove, the dishwasher, and the microwave/radiant oven combo. The technology in the M/RO is really cool. Reheating a slice or an entire meal is pretty much "fire and forget".

Not really.  You just have to spend money to get the good stuff.  My Maytag appliances work spectacularly well.

128928[/snapback]

Here's a sign I saw that was posted at the desk of a design engineer for a well-known automotive components manufacturer:

"INNOVATIVE DESIGNS

LOW PRICES

HIGH QUALITY

FAST RESULTS

Pick any TWO and let's talk.".

Some things are just mutually exclusive...i.e., if you want innovation and low price, forget about high quality and fast results. Want high quality and innovative design? It won't be cheap and it isn't going to happen tomorrow...and so forth.

I can't stand Best Buy. They never have enough registers open to take care of the customers, no matter how many there are. If there's 20 people in the store, they'll have one or two registers open. If there's 500 people there, they'll have 6 open. Maybe.

Circuit City is much better. They have done a good job of organizing the Baltimore area stores (they used to be a mess), and have better offers. I got a $10 gift card when I purchased my NCAA football '05 game and my Madden '05 game there. Best Buy? No such luck.

Here's a sign I saw that was posted at the desk of a design engineer for a well-known automotive components manufacturer:

"INNOVATIVE DESIGNS

LOW PRICES

HIGH QUALITY

FAST RESULTS

Pick any TWO and let's talk.".

Some things are just mutually exclusive...i.e., if you want innovation and low price, forget about high quality and fast results.  Want high quality and innovative design? It won't be cheap and it isn't going to happen tomorrow...and so forth.

128956[/snapback]

Engineers on their own are hilarious. One of my buddies has a desk plate that says: "If I wanted to be responsible for killing people one at a time, I'd be a doctor." - or something like that.

What's a pocket protector?  Anthing like a slide rule?

128991[/snapback]

Nope. You put the slide rule in the pocket protector. Now, if we could just get tape in cool colors for holding our thick glasses together, we would be set.