Whats with Clinton going to Haiti?

Serious resources had to be diverted to cart his baloney butt over there[and his SS entourage]

Is this supposed to be encouraging to someone sleeping on the side of the road with no food or water? How would they even know he's there? Cable TV?

A ridiculous PR move to make us feel good, when in fact it reinforces my belief this administration is all about show, with no real answers except to bring out the Brass Band.

Happens all the time with admins, as a show of support from the US to the country. Yes it is PR but everyone does it, and it's always a good move to show that whether there really is danger or not that our men in green are getting support.

Happens all the time with admins, as a show of support from the US to the country. Yes it is PR but everyone does it, and it's always a good move to show that whether there really is danger or not that our men in green are getting support.

I assume when you say our men in green you mean the US military. If I was in the militery the last person I would want to see is Bill Clinton.

I assume when you say our men in green you mean the US military. If I was in the militery the last person I would want to see is Bill Clinton.

Not the case at all.

You know the phrase, You only tease people you really like? Well, if the MSGTs pretending to shove me out of the helicopter without a parachute is any indication, the military absolutely adores me.

He's checking on his Ho's

I don't have too many down here.

Maybe he wanted to get as far away from Mass before election day.

He's a smart guy.

I don't go to Mass anymore, since that bishop got all uppity about me using the communion cup to "Dirty Sanchez" the whole congregation. No sense of humor, those Catholics.

But on a serious note, it's as bad down here as anywhere I've been. Death and destruction everywhere you look. People having to bury family in roadside ditches. This place has endured a lot in its history, and I suppose they'll get through this too. It's going to do a job on their mindsets and in too many villages almost an entire generation is gone, as schools were flattened in session. A lot of my fellow Americans just cannot comprehend the damage here. I thank those who have contributed to the Red Cross and the fund set up under GWB and myself, among many others. It's rather cruel that Haiti seems always to take two steps forward and then three steps back.

As for the logistics of my visit, there is as minimal security apparatus as can be done. My plane also delivered some supplies. While it is an inconvenience for several hours, the Haitian people need to see familiar faces of people who have brought help before, to stand alongside the remnants of their government and to show that help is coming in perhaps the hour of their greatest need. True, not many will be able to see me, but word travels fast. To my critics everywhere, it's not adulation I seek here. These people need some comfort and hope just as much as antibiotics and other supplies. We need people to continue to work together with small acts of kindness and some semblance of order or else it all breaks down. That's in part why the military is here, and why I am here.