We were three wins away from being the Jets

Lenigmusx

Look for all the negativity remember the Jets were benevolently granted a playoff birth by the Colts. Now they are on fire! If we had won New England, Jacksonville and Cleveland that could very well be Buffalo in the AFC championship game. In my estimation 7 points is all that seperates us from the Jets and remember we beat them once. Maybe Gailey isn't the best coach but his record isn't that bad. with a L.T., a couple great L.B.'s and a Q.B. I think we can make a run. Sorry to be so possitive i know that we are supposed to be all gloom and doom on this board.

Dude... seriously... 3 wins is 18% of the frickin schedule. And, what if the Jets beat the Bills when they ran over them for 300 yards, or if the Colts had played their starters. If only John McCain got 18% more of the votes, we'd have Sarah palin as VP.

If only the Bills lost 3 more games, they's have a top 5 draft pick.

Yeah.... we get it if the Bills win all their games, they are SB champs.

Damn, your post was stupid... you must have reached all the way up to your spleen to pull that tidbit out.

Three games out from being a WC team after four seasons of rebuilding. Pardon me for not being over-enthused.

The Jets may finally have a long term answer at QB, along with possessing an outstanding defense. Buffalo has neither and thus haven't even started their rebuild.

Look for all the negativity remember the Jets were benevolently granted a playoff birth by the Colts. Now they are on fire! If we had won New England, Jacksonville and Cleveland that could very well be Buffalo in the AFC championship game. In my estimation 7 points is all that seperates us from the Jets and remember we beat them once. Maybe Gailey isn't the best coach but his record isn't that bad. with a L.T., a couple great L.B.'s and a Q.B. I think we can make a run. Sorry to be so possitive i know that we are supposed to be all gloom and doom on this board.

We were also three wins from being the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Three wins is huge in the NFL. There are only 16 games. Three of them is almost 20%. It's like saying, "Dang, I got a 64 on that test, and that's an F. But if I'd only gotten 20% percent more of the questions right, I'd have gotten a B. So close!!"

Seriously, we are a QB, an offensive line, a linebacking corps, Aaron Schobel sticking around, better DL performances against the run, and better pass rushing from the DLs and the LDE away from being solid.

The Jets were the #1 defense in the league. How close were we to being the #1 defense? Not real close.

I do agree with you that, who knows, maybe Gailey could be good with good players and good coordinators. But we just don't have the horses to be very good next year, even if Cowher was here. Maybe 2011.

It's quite disturbing seeing the switch from I love the Buffalo Bills to I have the Buffalo Bills. The no one wants to come to Buffalo fantasies are all too funny.

This team is close and in a way has been for the past few years. I am dissapointed but hey we are DEFINATELY not the Raiders or the Lions.

Solidify the Oline, and input a good defense other than the Tampa 2. Buffalo has talent. It just needs a little help and healthy bodies.

And running backs who know how to hit holes. Although they do have their own version of TO who drops passes (Edwards). But the other WR's do mix it up and run more than one pattern unlike our #2 (Evans).

And big linebackers behind a solid DL. Btw, Jackson would kill behind the jets OL.

And big linebackers behind a solid DL. Btw, Jackson would kill behind the jets OL.

Big and FAST linebackers you mean? We have a couple big ones that are slow. Also, having a stud CB helps. And I did say running backSSSSSS. I agree jackson would probably do well, but that is only one.

We weren't Lenigmusx.

...Honest to God, we weren't.

Yes, I am all doom and gloom but I did chuckle as I read your post.

The Bills let me down year in and year out. No end in sight. No end in sight.

How come the Bills can't be like the Jets and other teams and seemingly turn it around over night?

I'm afraid it takes much more than 3 wins to be the Jets.

Its good to hear there are still a few believers out there.

Having your young Qb turn over the ball every play doesn't help. But I am sure that is all Schotts fault.

:thumbsup: they were ramming the ball down the Bills throats (not an uncommon theme) and he decided to start passing the ball with a rookie QB who was gimpy. We should have been obliterated that day and the only reason we weren't was because of the play selection.

:thumbsup: they were ramming the ball down the Bills throats (not an uncommon theme) and he decided to start passing the ball with a rookie QB who was gimpy. We should have been obliterated that day and the only reason we weren't was because of the play selection.

Got to give that rookie QB a chance to come out of the box sometime. Why not against the Bills? Poor choice, but if I was game planning I too would have picked the Bills as the game. In division, against a terrible team.

Big and FAST linebackers you mean? We have a couple big ones that are slow. Also, having a stud CB helps. And I did say running backSSSSSS. I agree jackson would probably do well, but that is only one.

what do u mean you need real personnel people running the front office?