The 2010 Buffalo Bills Offensive Line Corp.

Steely Dan

The current list of Bills OL is; http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster.html

Andy Levitre - Rookie

Christian Gaddis - 1 year

Jamon Meredith - Rookie

Jonathan Scott - 3 years

Jason Watkins - Rookie

Richie Incognito - 5 years

Andre Ramsey - Rookie

Nick Hennessey - Rookie

Geoff Hangartner - 5 years

Kirk Chambers - 5 years

Guys who finished the season on IR;

Eric Wood - Rookie

Demetrius Bell - 1 year

Brad Butler - 4 years

Kendall Simmons - 7 years

Seth McKinney - 8 years

Marvin Phillip - 1 year

I believe the bolded players had at least one start this season. Somebody please double check me. :thumbsup:

If I'm right that means the Bills had 12 different starters for 5 positions on the field. The O-Line depth is young but not necessarily incompetent. It's impossible to judge the players on the line when so much upheaval happens in a season, but it looks like the talent is there for 2010.

The Bills really only need a LT that hopefully will be picked up in the draft. So it looks like a starting lineup this year as;

LT(?), Wood, Hangartner, Levitre or Incognito, Butler and then the guys with starting experience as backups; Bell, Simmons, McKinney,Meredith, Scott, Ramsey and Chambers.

To me it looks like a corp of young talented players with good depth. If the new S&C coach proves that Allaire was the impetus of the injury problems then things look very good. I think the Bills go into a season with 9 OL players. :wallbash: Somebody help me with that too please. That would mean the Bills would be cutting, assuming they get a new starting LT, four players at least, with starting experience.

This is a good article on the O-line woes;

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...b4-4c175c594f5f

The team was forced to field six different offensive tackles tandems and nine different offensive line combinations in 2009,

That is a recipe for disaster. Don't judge the O-line performance as a unit based on this seasons production. If every guy was a pro bowler the line might still have had problems with that much turnover.

I think Gailey is going to give TE another year to see what he can do with some time to throw. I'm stoked for next season. BRING IT ON!!!*

:D

*It should be noted that I am always psyched for the new season, only to have my hopes dashed. However, THIS SEASON WILL BE DIFFERENT!!!!** :worthy:

**It should also be noted that I say that every year, only to have my hopes dashed. :(

not sure about the status of any of the other guys, but I'm pretty sure Incognito will be a free agent.

I know. I'm not positive they won't resign him because I don't think his market value is that great after his on field issues. If they don't then Levitre will probably be the starter.

I know. I'm not positive they won't resign him because I don't think his market value is that great after his on field issues. If they don't then Levitre will probably be the starter.

If Wood is healthy and they do resign Incognito, I wouldn't be suprised if the interior is Incognito RG, Wood C, Levitre LG, Hangartner the number one backup at both center and guard.

If Wood is healthy and they do resign Incognito, I wouldn't be suprised if the interior is Incognito RG, Wood C, Levitre LG, Hangartner the number one backup at both center and guard.

That's an interesting thought but I'm wondering if after coming off his injury they'd put him at center this year. It may be next year. JMO