Help me find a new team

What is so bad about hiring a coach who has been a winner everywhere he has been.

None of the losers who are desperate to draw attention to themselves by bitching and whining about the choice for coach has bothered to answer that question with any specifics.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Friends have been telling me to start considering Kansas City. Similar blue-collar attitude, original AFL team, history of good ownership, etc. Gotta say it looks pretty damn tempting right about now.

There should be a clause in the terms and conditions of this discussion board that prohibits members from renouncing their allegiance to the Buffalo Bills....or at least some kinda 3 strikes your out rule...

1st offense= Warning

2nd offensse= suspension

3rd and final offense punishable by death :thumbsup:

There should be some clause against people inventing 3 strikes and your out rules unless you are a baseball umpire. This is a forum, where within rules people can discuss what they want to. Strike one against you for a retarded post. The guy that started this thread isn't the only one around here who is wondering if they want to continue to to give their heart and soul to an organization that can't get anything right and is the biggest joke in the entire NFL.

I found myself spending less and less time religiously following and spending money on the Bills and more and more on football card collectiing.

I find it quite pleasurable hunting items on e-bay and purchasing autographed rookie cards from 'up and coming' stars of the NFL.. I own autograped cards of players like Chad Henne, Jerome Harrison, Shonn green and Josh Freeman. These cards are steadily increasing in value and I enjoy watching my new 'favorite players' and their underdog teams play each week. ----Witness Josh Cribbs return a few kickoffs on a Sunday and his cards increase in value almost instantaneously.

Sport cards of today are not what we grew up with. Nowadays they are autograhed, contain swatches of game used jerseys and are serial numbered. A piece of game used memorabilia and I feel I own a piece of history. I also know when my son becomes a teen we can share an interest in this hobby and he will have a sizeable collection when he grows older and inherits mine.

I'm not a traitor nor plan on 'jumping ship' when it comes to my Buffalo Bills; they will always be my favorite team and still cause me to get weak in the knees when I rewatch the greatest comeback or hear Van Miller yell out 'wide right'

Fantasy football is another way of 'diversifying your time' and it makes every game exciting to watch especially if you have players on your roster from a multitude of teams.

I diversified my NFL interests to ease the pain of getting punched in the gut every Sunday with another dreadded Buffalo loss. Theres no need to quit on the team, just don't put so much time, effort and money at the hands of a poorly run organization. Put some fun back into your Sundays. ----Just my two cents.

Why are you doing this? :thumbsup::wallbash: What did you think was going happen saying what you said. It is the same place it always was. Just make sure you can handle the abuse and do not grab a shovel! :D
People have a right to their opinion as do I. They have every right to rip on me as they so choose. I am really serious though. I am tired of wasting sixteen weeks a year watching a team that is prepping the Mayflower trucks and doesnt care about winning. It isnt fun and when my wife looks at me and asks me why I continue to watch them I dont even have a logical answer.

This was the final straw for me. Now naturally the logical choice with me living in Indiana would be the Colts. I dont want to jump on a bandwagon though. So I have a few requirements. I want to root for a non 2009 playoff team in a small market. I will not root for Chicago Detroit or Cleveland. So help me out. Pick a team and give me a case for them.

Here we go Steelers. A 2009 non playoff team that has won the Super Bowl 6 times. Even in a bad year they aren't nearly as bad as most Bills seasons. :thumbsup:

People have a right to their opinion as do I. They have every right to rip on me as they so choose. I am really serious though. I am tired of wasting sixteen weeks a year watching a team that is prepping the Mayflower trucks and doesnt care about winning. It isnt fun and when my wife looks at me and asks me why I continue to watch them I dont even have a logical answer.

My children for the last 11 years ask me too... My wife (from Lackawanna) doesn't even bother anymore (especially after No-Goal with the Sabres).

You know what, they are fans too!

One word:

CUBS

As much as I hate them (Sox fan)... You gotta hand it to them. Now you may be a Cardinals fan, but you have to hand it to them.

Maybe you have to be born locally?

This was the final straw for me. Now naturally the logical choice with me living in Indiana would be the Colts. I dont want to jump on a bandwagon though. So I have a few requirements. I want to root for a non 2009 playoff team in a small market. I will not root for Chicago Detroit or Cleveland. So help me out. Pick a team and give me a case for them.

Are you above the age of 12? If so then be a :thumbsup: man and stand by your team :wallbash:

you're still here. Listen to your wife.....

Hey everybody, look at me!!!!!!! I'm sad so I'm taking my ball and I'm going home.

Seriously, just leave.... :thumbsup:

I am tired of wasting sixteen weeks a year watching a team that is prepping the Mayflower trucks and doesnt care about winning. It isnt fun and when my wife looks at me and asks me why I continue to watch them I dont even have a logical answer.

sixteen weeks a year? wasnt it 21 weeks this year?

and i never have a logical answer for my wife to any question she asks, - i just look at her like this----> :thumbsup:

then she doesnt ask me anything for awhile

OK, get out of here! When did Buffalo turn into a bunch of drama queens? Good riddance.

Door is over there. Exit swiftly. :thumbsup:

Yeah I don't get the declarations of non-fandom and really don't get the need for another team. If the Bills don't suit you, just tune them out.

I was a season ticket holder for 15 years, never missed a snap, but ceased to be one before year 3 of Dick Jauron. Still attended all the games that year. This year went to 8 tailgates and 5 games. Next year, 8 tailgates and at least 1 game. The Bills are still my team, but at this point, I will be back in the stands when they are back in the right direction. I don't need to have another team, I appreciate watching good football without having to have ownership of the results. The $200 or so per game I save is not that important in the decision, but it adds up and it feels better spending it elsewhere.

What's not to like about the Colts? They were a once proud franchise that fell on hard times and faded into NFL obscurity. A complete laughingstock. They finally went out and got a real GM named Bill Polian. (Sound familiar?). Using his considerable football acumen, he rebuilt them from the ground up with excellent draft picks that were not always the popular choice. The man is right so often it's uncanny. Peyton Manning instead of Ryan Leaf. Edgerrin James instead of Ricky Williams. Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Jeff Saturday.Polian knows a great team is built through the draft. He knows the importance of an elite QB. The Colts won more games than any other team in the last decade and they did it with class. Unlike say, the Patriots. Go ahead and jump on that bandwagon. Bill Polian wanted to stay with the Bills and was forced out. Think of his work in Indy as an extension of Buffalo. I believe we'd be an elite franchise today if he had been allowed to stay. In many ways they became a mirror image of what he did here. They just happened to be fortunate enough to play a team that was not as good as they were in Superbowl XLI.