Bledsoe Bashers are disappointed

Peter

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty simple, many of you guys blame him (and only him) when the Bills lose without regard to everything else that is happening on the field.  For example, after the Oakland game, numerous people blamed Drew for being sacked 7 times.  I broke down the tape and looked at each play on which he was sacked.  I posted my analysis here.  On each of the sacks, the protection broke down miserably.  In most cases, there were two seconds between the time the ball was snapped and when the play blew up.  Yet, so many people here insisted it was all Drew's fault.  That is one example. 

It is a team game.  In my view, the game is won or lost on the line of scrimmage.  Take it out of the passing context.  How many times does WM have first contact with a defender at or behind the line of scrimmage.  What does that tell you about whether the line is opening up holes?

Anyway, you (hopefully) get the picture.

128717[/snapback]

i don't think anyone here would ever say it's ALL his fault. Let's be realistic.

But your Offense usually takes on the ID of their QB, afterall, he is the Leader, Field General on O. He is a HUGE problem, but not the only problem. I think we (those who wish Bledsoe was not our QB) have all gotten to this conclusion.

We, well at least I feel I know the game quite well.

It seems the Bledsoe apologists love to stick any win (Team Win i remind you) in our faces. I'm glad we won. But it was not JUST Drew that played well. And mind you his performance was adequate, which is good enough for me. But on a consistent basis????? There's no way you can tell me he's been consistently good. No way.

Since when is throwing for under 200 yds a good game??? If it wasn't for our defense and special teams handing Drew great field postition we would have lost again yesterday. With out the smoke and mirrors Drew is what he is, and that is a sub par QB. His last start will be in Seatlle.

Since when is throwing for under 200 yds a good game??? If it wasn't for our defense and special teams handing Drew great field postition we would have lost again yesterday. With out the smoke and mirrors Drew is what he is, and that is a sub par QB. His last start will be in Seatlle.

128774[/snapback]

Oops forgot to sign in :rolleyes:

All you guys who trash Bledsoe seem so disappointed that he had a good game.  It is funny to read your posts that search for all of these reasons why we won the game other than because of Drew.  Yet, when we lose, you guys only blame Drew.

The fact of the matter is that Drew had a good game.  Someone on this board graded him a "C" and claimed that the three TDs were "misleading."  That is total BS.  He had a good game and you guys know it.

We won the game because the "team" played well yesterday.  We have lost the games that we lost because the "team" lost those games.   

The two key stats on offense yesterday were "1" sack and "100 yards" by WM.  What does that mean?  That means the o-line had a good game.  If they have a good game, that allows the so called "skilled position players" to do what they need to do.  When they do not have a good game, you can pretty much guess the result.

For those of you that are fixated on blaming Drew for everything, you just don't understand the game.

128608[/snapback]

Drew cinched his spot in the hall of fame with that perfomance. At least that's how you guys act. Refer to the performance record of Jim Kelly before crown him King Drew. We knew Jim Kelly...and Drew, you're no Jim Kelly!

PTR

In this, his best performance of the year, he threw for 185 yards.

It's truly sad how low our expectations have gotten.

128614[/snapback]

We're a ball control offense now, remember? Total passing yards mean squat

particularly when you throw it only 24 times. 3 TDS (a figure you somehow managed to forget) affects the bottom line.

6 times in the red zone, 6 scores. Pretty piss poor I guess.

Peyton Manning had 4 TDs yesterday.....211 yards. He sucks too.

JV Loserman butt boys are willing to wish for bad Bledsoe numbers to get their boy in. What great fans....

We're a ball control offense now, remember?  Total passing yards mean squat

particularly when you throw it only 24 times.  3 TDS (a figure you somehow managed to forget) affects the bottom line.

6 times in the red zone, 6 scores.  Pretty piss poor I guess.

JV Loserman butt boys are willing to wish for bad Bledsoe numbers to get their boy in.  What great fans....

128810[/snapback]

Hi Oneida!

:rolleyes:;):blush:

We're a ball control offense now, remember?  Total passing yards mean squat

particularly when you throw it only 24 times.  3 TDS (a figure you somehow managed to forget) affects the bottom line.

6 times in the red zone, 6 scores.  Pretty piss poor I guess.

JV Loserman butt boys are willing to wish for bad Bledsoe numbers to get their boy in.  What great fans....

128810[/snapback]

Even the sun shines on a dog's ass some days. :rolleyes:

Yes Peter I said C. BTW..the OL has given him the exact same time damn near all year.

What you and your fellow bledsonians fail to comprehend is 3.5 seconds is more than enough for any AVEARGE NFL QB. So with that much time, why the 3 stupid pics in NE? Why the fumbled snap again yesterday along with a stupid INT sitting in a perfect pocket?

Because we are a good team with a below average QB. Now please tell us again how John Gruden is going to make RJ a great QB.

Guest Guest_Oneida Lake_*
Hi Oneida!

:rolleyes:  ;)  :blush:

128817[/snapback]

Hey thanks for noticing. Remember I get credit for the JV Loserman sobriquet!!

don't have it on the work computer..

Pretty simple, many of you guys blame him (and only him) when the Bills lose without regard to everything else that is happening on the field.  For example, after the Oakland game, numerous people blamed Drew for being sacked 7 times.  I broke down the tape and looked at each play on which he was sacked.  I posted my analysis here.  On each of the sacks, the protection broke down miserably.  In most cases, there were two seconds between the time the ball was snapped and when the play blew up.  Yet, so many people here insisted it was all Drew's fault.  That is one example. 

It is a team game.  In my view, the game is won or lost on the line of scrimmage.  Take it out of the passing context.  How many times does WM have first contact with a defender at or behind the line of scrimmage.  What does that tell you about whether the line is opening up holes?

Anyway, you (hopefully) get the picture.

128717[/snapback]

Your analysis was faulty, though not totally inaccurate. All of the sacks weren't Drew's fault, but he had much longer than the 2 seconds you claim to find a target on many of the sacks. I did an analysis of that game as well (with a stopwatch) since I was intrigued by Mularky's claim that only 1 sack could be put on the Oline

Link

Anyway, it seems pretty obvious that you're willing to cover for Drew's mistakes and lay the blame elsewhere. The bottom line is the Oline hasn't been that bad in pass protection this year despite what Drew apologists wants to believe. He makes them look much worse than they actually are. He locks on to WRs, doesn't go through his progression quickly enough, he waits too long to go to his outlet receiver and has the worst footwork I've seen in a QB this side of Jeff George, which accounts for his inaccuracy on short and intermediate throws. There is usually plenty of blame to go around when the team plays poorly, certainly its not all Drew's fault (and I've seen nobody claiming it is) but Drew's poor play has had a large part in the offense’s struggles this year.

What you’re failing to realize (in all your infinite football knowledge that the rest of us don’t possess) is that the good QBs in this league make plays when there’s a breakdown in protection, they slide into the pocket, sense the rush, quickly make a blitz read and fire the ball to the appropriate target, etc. ANY starting QB in the NFL can be effective if he has great protection and a solid running game keeping Ds honest. ANY QB.

Drew is one of the most ineffective QBs in the league. That doesn’t mean he can’t get the job done when everybody else is playing well, he can (as we all saw yesterday). But the problem with him is that at his best he’s a Trent Dilfer type game manager and at his worst he’s a mistake prone QB that costs us games. With “feast or famine” QBs, like Brett Favre, you’re going to get those terrible games where the QB loses games for you, but you’re also going to get those games where he puts the team on his back and wins it almost by himself. With Drew we only get the terrible games mixed in with some good “game manager” type games. The risk isn’t worth the reward in other words. He’s a “one square meal or famine” QB because we never get the “feast”.

Yes Peter I said C.  BTW..the OL has given him the exact same time damn near all year. 

What you and your fellow bledsonians fail to comprehend is 3.5 seconds is more than enough for any AVEARGE NFL QB.  So with that much time, why the 3 stupid pics in NE?  Why the fumbled snap again yesterday along with a stupid INT sitting in a perfect pocket?

Because we are a good team with a below average QB.  Now please tell us again how John Gruden is going to make RJ a great QB.

128822[/snapback]

He had a horrible game against New England. At least I can be objective about this.

You are just an "Anti-Bledtite."

It is funny you should bring up the INT without even mentioning the fact that it was a tipped ball.

He hardly ever got 3.5 seconds before the passing plays blew up (especially before WM became the starter). WM has been great in pass protection. Drew also got good protection yesterday. That is why he was productive yesterday.

I don't know where you end and Spiked Lemonade begins.

P.S. Please tell us again how Josh Heupel is going to star in the NFL and how Big Mike was drafted to play LT.

PPS. Again, what I said about RJ was that he would win more games than Flutie after RJ left. He did.

PPPS. Learn to count.

What did Drew do that Shane Mathews could not? I mean once every 3 or 4 games Drew plays well, beats a bad team at home while posting modest qb numbers. What good is a QB that cannot win on the road, cannot beat a good team, and cannot perform well in primetime or playoff games?

For those of you that are fixated on blaming Drew for everything, you just don't understand the game.

128608[/snapback]

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I thought I was just happy when the Bills win a game, and pissed when they lose. Either way the QB is part of the equation - not the sole cause.

I would love to praise Drew Bledsoe. As a Bill, he has yet to show me more than Dennis Shaw ever did.

I have to go study the game now so I understand it.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I thought I was just happy when the Bills win a game, and pissed when they lose. Either way the QB is part of the equation - not the sole cause.

I would love to praise Drew Bledsoe. As a Bill, he has yet to show me more than Dennis Shaw ever did.

I have to go study the game now so I understand it.

128987[/snapback]

You are welcome.

Guess what? There are 11 guys on each side of the ball. Apparently, that is somewhat of a secret on this board.

You are welcome.

Guess what?  There are 11 guys on each side of the ball.  Apparently, that is somewhat of a secret on this board.

128990[/snapback]

Oh lord... here we go again...

You're right..

lets replace all the other 21 guys, and build the perfect system that bledsoe needs to get his rating above 100 for once. You guys that are holding onto Bledsoe just look pathetic now.

Our team is who it is. There is one guy that touches the ball on every play. He is a bigger part of the team than anyone else. As soon as you realize that, your deepthroat-fest for Drew might end.

He sucks, and he's sucked ever since his injury in NE.

It sad that we get excited when he DOESN'T F-CK UP for one game. Its OK that he F-CKS up 9/10 games, but after that one where he plays decent, he is now the answer again.

Bledsoe is done. He needs a PERFECT situation to make good throws, and even then, 50% of his throws are high, low, or behind the WR.

Get over it.

1) never said Heupel would be a good NFL QB. Backup is all. he broke his wrist and went into coaching

2) never said MW was LT. I said his contract was though.

3) be a fuggin man for once. You stated right here that Gruden would make RJ the great QB you knew he was.

You have your head up Bledsoes ass just like you did RJ. Everyone here can remember you did the same blind assed stevestojan. Is it a QB fetish or something?