An indicator of why many coaches are skeptical

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/30/footba...ons_Income.html

The Bills are worth more, are more profitable, and generate more revenue. Yet which teams goes balls out to win and targets the premier free agents (Hutchinson, Pat Williams, Winfield, Favre) and has a functional front office (e.g., trading for Jared Allen and drafting studs like Peterson, Harvin, and Kevin Williams)?

It's not just about being a small market team, folks. And Minneapolis is a lot colder than Buffalo.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2008/30/sports..._Revenue_2.html

The Bills are worth more, are more profitable, and generate more revenue. Yet which teams goes balls out to win and targets the premier free agents (Hutchinson, Pat Williams, Winfield, Favre) and has a functional front office (e.g., trading for Jared Allen and drafting studs like Peterson, Harvin, and Kevin Williams)?

It's not just about being a small market team, folks. And Minneapolis is a lot colder than Buffalo.

not on the field though ^^

I'm not talking about merely the coach w/regard to the Vikings; I'm talking about the overall organization. And as far as I know, Childress was the guy they wanted.

Trust me on this one... whomever the Bills hire will be exactly the guy they wanted, too.

I'm not talking about merely the coach w/regard to the Vikings; I'm talking about the overall organization. And as far as I know, Childress was the guy they wanted.

The owner of the Vikes "Zygi" is not exactly known for being a big spender and since Denny Green was let go they have had some truely underwelming coaches in both Mike Tice and Brad Childress; however the Viking organization has done one thing very well and that is drafting and acquiring free agent talent.

They have also had quite a few more playoff opportunities than the Bills so they must be doing something right. They built a team from the ground up, plugged in a few holes with some solid free agents and draft picks, but were missing a QB that could take them to the next level. Not wanting to wait for Tarvaris to develope while the team aged around him they went after Favre. That looks like it is working for them.

So the biggest difference between these two clubs that I can see since I have lived out here for quite a while is evaluating and acquiring talent - both free agent and draft. And where we have a history of letting quality players walk who would have stayed with our franchise for reasonable raises, the Vikes have a history of signing our quality players for the salaries they deserve.

Perhaps perspective coaches are most turned off from the likely scenario of developing key players that can take this team to the next level only to watch the ownership let them walk.