a QB in the draft and Coaching isn't going to change things here..

rpcolosi

but an offensive line with continuity sure would. It's amazing how simple it is. When watching old bill's highlights, the reason Reich was solid in relief was because of that O-line. They were always on the same page. The same is said for the Colts and Jets.

Unlike most people here, I don't think Trent is done. I also don't think Brohm is done. I don't even think getting as sully puts it a "3rd tier coach" would ruin us. What matters more then anything is how in the world Nix addresses the O-line.

If you have a solid O-line and any great college qb with decent weapons you will be in every game. If you look at the difference between the early years of Brees and the later years, OL was huge, huge imporvement. Sure having Gates is what people say helps, but that OL was insanely solid and consistent. Same's been true with Peyton and Saturdy, Ugoh. Why did Brady struggle this year? Because Matt Light is a shade of his former self and that OL is going down hill..

Rarely, rarely in the NFL will you see a team suck with a great offensive line. It is the reason that Polian is still successful to this day and why we were in the 90s. If Nix knows this, and I suspect we lucked out in that he does, then I trust, regardless of coach, Ralph's age, Jeff Littman, etc that we wil have a much improved product to come.

OLs can absolutely RUIN great quarterbacks. but they can also make average QBs into "stars."

so lets chill out on teh coaching search and all the negativity Sully is throwing around. shows like PTI and stuff actually still show us love and say its a great place to be.

we will get a coach, and hopefully, draft a good tackle or two to help keep TE or Brohm up rightn and make room for fast freddie to get 1500...