Memo to OBD: build a team like the Jets!

NY Nole

As much as this pains me to say, the Jets model is what we need in Buffalo. Face it, we have been QB-challenged since JK left and I don't think our track record would indicate we will be landing the real "QB of the future" any time soon.

So be that as it may -- we need to build a team that is based on a superb defense and a solid rushing attack. If we have that, we don't need a QB to be successful. The Jets and Ravens are the type of team I would like to see in Buffalo. Especially given our climate and the fact that you can't expect to chuck the ball around the field in Nov/Dec.

I really think we should focus on building this type of team. Pass on QB in round 1 -- let's fortify the Defense and Oline. Let's also name a coach that is committed to this.

I think with building any team, you need to start with the O-Line and D-Line first...then a franchise QB can then take you to the promised land. But what good is a great QB if he is laying on his back all game long? Imagine if Jim Kelly had no time to get rid of the ball like you've seen from the Bills the last decade? He certainly wouldn't have been a first ballot hall of famer. Football is the ultimate team game and you need so many things to happen right in order to achieve long term success. A good O-Line and D-Line would definitely be a start!!

As much as this pains me to say, the Jets model is what we need in Buffalo. Face it, we have been QB-challenged since JK left and I don't think our track record would indicate we will be landing the real "QB of the future" any time soon.

So be that as it may -- we need to build a team that is based on a superb defense and a solid rushing attack. If we have that, we don't need a QB to be successful. The Jets and Ravens are the type of team I would like to see in Buffalo. Especially given our climate and the fact that you can't expect to chuck the ball around the field in Nov/Dec.

I really think we should focus on building this type of team. Pass on QB in round 1 -- let's fortify the Defense and Oline. Let's also name a coach that is committed to this.

Well, I think that we need a coach first. Doesn't the Jets' HC Rex Ryan have a twin brother? I'd start there, Rob Ryan brings what you're descibing.