Who have the Bills interviewed for the HC opening?

billsfan89

After all this talk of people turning down the Bills HC job who have the Bills actually given an interview for the job. The only ones I know who actually sat down and interview for the job are Fewell as a courtesy interview and Leslie Frazier are the only 2 they have had formal interviews with about the job.

Did they interview the Standford coach (I don't think so and I also don't think they offered him the job because they wouldn't offer the job without an interview), did they interview anyone else besides Fewell and Frazier? I know Martz and Billick both expressed interest in the job but Nix doesn't want either of them.

I know they courted Cowher but he said thanks but no thanks. I know baby Schotenheimer said thanks but no thanks and there has been no work on what Russ Grimm or Ron Rivera are doing.

They interviewed Shanahan before the end of the season, Fewell, Frazier, supposedly Harbaugh (the Stanford Coach), I believe Weiss was also given an interview. They have spoken too (or atleast expressed their interest) to Cowher and they have been given permission to speak to Grimm (now that the Cards are out I would assume something is going to be set up). The only ones they have asked that have denied an interview are Brian Shottenheimer, his dad has said publically he doesn't want to coach anywhere and he wants to stay retired, and Gruden has said he also is not interested in returning to coaching at this time.

I don't remember if they spoke with Rivera or not, but now he could get a chance to interview

They interviewed Shanahan before the end of the season, Fewell, Frazier, supposedly Harbaugh (the Stanford Coach), I believe Weiss was also given an interview. They have spoken too (or atleast expressed their interest) to Cowher and they have been given permission to speak to Grimm (now that the Cards are out I would assume something is going to be set up). The only ones they have asked that have denied an interview are Brian Shottenheimer, his dad has said publically he doesn't want to coach anywhere and he wants to stay retired, and Gruden has said he also is not interested in returning to coaching at this time.

I don't remember if they spoke with Rivera or not, but now he could get a chance to interview

I don't think they interviewed Harbaugh at least not formally (I also don't think he got offered the job either). I remember that there was a story that they had talked a little to Weiss about the possibility but it wasn't that serious. I know that they had a talk to Shanny and a brief meet and greet with Cowher but both weren't that serious about taking the job.

I think that out of all the serious possibilities Frazier, Grimm, and Rivera are who we are looking at. Frazier has already interviewed while Grimm and Rivera will likely interview this week. Out of all 3 I would take Grimm then Frazier then Rivera.

By my estimation we formally interviewed Fewell and Frazier the rest were rumors or non substantial talks.

Nobody knows how many people the team has interviewed, and most of the "sources" regarding how many people have been interviewed are pure speculation, if not deliberately manufactured to get clicks to websites.

Ding, Ding, We have a Winner!