NAACP says blacks have lower credit scores

Been to Aurora lately? The population of Mexicans (legal and not) has exploded.

I do agree that Illinois overall has a nice feel.

IL I take?

That is like 60-miles away from me... Kinda like driving (without all the country between it) to the Salamanca Indian Res from BFLO. Anyway, who cares... There are big Mexican communites all around, makes for great food shopping! I do admit, things are very diverse. If you want more of the cookie-cutter feel, head North or into a newly established community within say a suburb... And of course one will pay in many ways for the homogeneity... But, who wants that?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question:

When a company hires somebody, they make an evaluation on a bunch of factors. Some of these factors may be nothing more than a philosophy or a hunch (he went to an Ivy League school, she's a church goer, he has an honest face, or she a fellow animal lover who cares about the environment). Some of these may prove random in effect, some may prove irrelevent, and some may provide a small statistical boost to the odds that the employee works out (giving that company that slight edge).

Who should decide what criteria may be applied? Each company, with their profitibility on the line? Or should the government standardize what criteria may and may not be used?

If I want to hire a staff of Bill's fans based on the thinking that it will make for fantastic chemisty in the work place, despite any hard evidence, should I have the right to try that experiment and turn away Jets fans?

Who should decide what criteria may be applied? Each company, with their profitibility on the line? Or should the government standardize what criteria may and may not be used?

Of course the government should. I mean, they're well on their way to dictating how much we should be paid, they may as well start dictating who's fit to work what jobs as well.