NAACP says blacks have lower credit scores

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares about a credit score... It should have no bearing on employment. If it does, isn't that just a downward spiral... What I mean is how can somebody improve (even if they really want to) their credit score without a job?

Credit scores are not indicators of an individual’s honesty or integrity and several studies by well respected, unbiased groups have confirmed that credit history does not predict job performance.

Me personally... I don't believe in the credit system or have faith in it... I am totally indifferent to it. If you need credit in this consumer world, you don't need the product.

There should be a full blown consumer/debtor revolt...

Who cares about a credit score... It should have no bearing on employment. If it does, isn't that just a downward spiral... What I mean is how can somebody improve (even if they really want to) their credit score without a job?

I know right? I mean: Who better to govern the economy than people who can't manage their own lives.

Me personally... I don't believe in the credit system or have faith in it... I am totally indifferent to it. If you need credit in this consumer world, you don't need the product.

Yeah, because most 30 year olds have 300K to buy a house.

I know right? I mean: Who better to govern the economy than people who can't manage their own lives.

Yeah, because most 30 year olds have 300K to buy a house.

Who saying that can't manage their lives?... Maybe they are just sticking it to the credit companies and using them for what they are worth just like the credit companies are. Booo hoo. !@#$ em.

Who needs a 300k house? :thumbsup: Stop buying them. Right now in the mid-west, I can find one for 70k in a nice neighborhood. Move.

You bet. If we paid the workers building the house 50 cents an hour, we could really lower the price of a house.

In the past a contractor could price out a house at a dollar a stud... Until things like the spotted owl became more important.

And yes... You can touch new houses in the low 100's now... Hopefully, it wil go lower.

Maybe when people buy a house they should actually live in it and have it meet their needs for 30-50 years. I bought a brand new house in 1996 for 150k, I plan on living in it till I retire. Sure it is only under 2,000 square feet... Who needs these McMansions? There is other things to live and work for than a freakin' house.

You lost me. What does getting a job have to do with governing the economy?

He stole my schtick... Didn't he! :thumbdown::thumbdown:

Anyway... The lower peons in society that aren't making squat ( and maybe not payting their bills on time) are probably managing their lives better with less. They are probably doing more, getting by, and stretching that dollar on so much more... There is a fallacy that this equates to a poor job managing. In fact, it is the exact opposite. Anybody should be able to do the things they want, pay all their bills when they have a ton of money coming in... Try doing that on next to nothing.

I give them :thumbsup::wallbash: for managing their lives!

Spoken like someone who's never had to manage a business and deal with the high cost of a bad hire.

People who are too irresponsible to maintain a reasonable credit rating are absolutely less likely to be responsible in other areas of their life. To suggest credit scores are discriminatory is complete bullsh--.

Spoken like someone who's never had to manage a business and deal with the high cost of a bad hire.

People who are too irresponsible to maintain a reasonable credit rating are absolutely less likely to be responsible in other areas of their life. To suggest credit scores are discriminatory is complete bullsh--.

BS. People have bad credit scores for a million reasons. A divorce, medical bills, cosigning a bad loan, etc.

Whats that got to do with job performance?

Really? I will believe that if say people with great credit scores say had less rates of divorce. Do they? Heck, they have great credit scores, but can't manage their marriage. Give me a break.

Yet, I don't necessarily disagree with regard to some lines of work.

"Credit scores are not indicators of an individual's honesty or integrity and several studies by well respected, unbiased groups have confirmed that credit history does not predict job performance."

I guess you dispute the studies. I will take your word for it... Yet, the line of work you are in probably has something to do with it.

BS. People have bad credit scores for a million reasons. A divorce, medical bills, cosigning a bad loan, etc.

I agree.

That is why I said: "Everybody should hold a credit revolt." I would love to see the system make heads or tails out of that.

If one doesn't believe in the system, who is stealing from who? Do many believe in the IRS?

What if one has a run in with the IRS and they crash the credit score.

The best thing we can all do is break ourselves from this system.

I guess you dispute the studies. I will take your word for it... Yet, the line of work you are in probably has something to do with it.

I would certainly agree that the correlation varies significantly depending on the job in question.

Don't you think those issues can spill over into work performance?

I would certainly agree that the correlation varies significantly depending on the job in question.

Most certainly. Say a banker or loan officer or somebody in that profession... I would say they should have great credit... It shows they have faith in the system and believe in it.

Me? So what... I could care less if I !@#$ it all I want. I am indfferent to it and disdain for the system. I have absolutley no faith in the credit system... Never did and never will. Granted, I will use it for everything it is worth... Just like the system uses others. Coincidence the word is called usury.

Don't you think those issues can spill over into work performance?

Yes... COULD is the word. MOST CERTAINLY if one can't get a decent paying job becasue of it. So actually the system is worse for using credit score as a tool... Once trapped in it, it just perpetuates the downward cycle like other parts of the system does.

What do you think of this (you probably don't think much of it):

The Zeitgeist Movement

"At the beginning of World War II the U.S. had a mere 600 or so first-class fighting aircraft. We rapidly overcame this short supply by turning out more than 90,000 planes a year. The question at the start of World War II was: Do we have enough funds to produce the required implements of war? The answer was No, we did not have enough money, nor did we have enough gold; but we did have more than enough resources. It was the available resources that enabled the US to achieve the high production and efficiency required to win the war. Unfortunately this is only considered in times of war."—Jacque Fresco

:oops::thumbsup: