The arguments used to discredit Frasier are idiotic

I just wasted 10 minutes of my life reading the idiocy in another post about how Frasier isn't qualified to be a head coach. The two main arguments are:

1. He can come here if he brings Minnesota's defense with him

2. He's only a good coach because Minnesota has great players.

Could any one of you former GM's please enlighten as to who the last coach to win with crappy players was? Am I missing something? Are there coaches out there winning championships with walk on's and players they're stealing from other team's practice squads?

If there are I'd say we should go after them.

I've been watching this Minnesota D all season, but today I tried to pay closer attention to their scheme. It's not like they're just relying on great talent to perform well....the D appears to be pretty complicated and well-planned. I don't buy the argument that it's only because of talent that Frazier is successful, the guy seems to be a thinker and a schemer, and we need that.

I just wasted 10 minutes of my life reading the idiocy in another post about how Frasier isn't qualified to be a head coach. The two main arguments are:

Could any one of you former GM's please enlighten as to who the last coach to win with crappy players was? Am I missing something? Are there coaches out there winning championships with walk on's and players they're stealing from other team's practice squads?

first of all, did you really not get that the bring Minnesota's defense with him was a joke?

the big question is what did Frazier do before he became DC of the Vikings who were already a good defense before he got there?

he also runs the Cover 2 which most Bills fans have come to hate

i thought most people didnt like him cause he's a coordinator, and we don't like coordinators, I mean, most HC are just magically made, from a special head coach factory I thought. We havent had very good luck with coordinators, so Im gonna have to vote negative on another coordinator for HC, but no retreads either.

So nobodys that already been a HC but also nobody that hasn't been a HC either.

Does that help narrow the search?

i thought most people didnt like him cause he's a coordinator, and we don't like coordinators, I mean, most HC are just magically made, from a special head coach factory I thought. We havent had very good luck with coordinators, so Im gonna have to vote negative on another coordinator for HC, but no retreads either.

So nobodys that already been a HC but also nobody that hasn't been a HC either.

Does that help narrow the search?

Don't forget that all winning coaches suck, because they only win because they have great players.

So we need a HC that hasn't been an HC or has been an HC but only wins with street free agents and practice squad players.

Don't forget that all winning coaches suck, because they only win because they have great players.

So we need a HC that hasn't been an HC or has been an HC but only wins with street free agents and practice squad players.

ok, my bad, so here's the new checklist:

1: must have been a winning HC with bad or mediocre players thus cementing his status as a genius

2: not a coordinator

3: no previous HC experience, this would constitute a retread

4: No blackies: it's an unspoken Buffalo rule

so how bout a guy that was an interim HC that did moderately well with below average players?

How about Tony Sparano last year for one? Good enough start? IF we are to take a chance on an unproven coach, some of us would prefer to look for someone who gets more out of less, instead of a coach who is doing pretty well, with a loaded roster.

Thus, you have Jim Harbaugh, who's work in college is turning around pure dogschitt, into gold. The Bills can not whiff on this next selection. Period. There is a bigger whiff factor with Frazier, because he is working with a ton of talent than some other coaches.

That's all. Pretty sound argument if you ask me. Frazier might be a solid head coach. However, he is an immense risk in the Bills situation. Unfortunately, he pretty much looks like the Bills only choice.

If you can't reason through why Frazier is a huge risk because of his roster in Minnesota, well, you fit right in with the Bills organization over the last ten years.

ok, my bad, so here's the new checklist:

1: must have been a winning HC with bad or mediocre players thus cementing his status as a genius

2: not a coordinator

3: no previous HC experience, this would constitute a retread

4: No blackies: it's an unspoken Buffalo rule

so how bout a guy that was an interim HC that did moderately well with below average players?

So we need to find a white version of Perry Fewell....? Where do we begin this search?

So we need to find a white version of Perry Fewell....? Where do we begin this search?

There ya go, when you have nothing better to say, play the race card. It's the new way. You'll get a bunch of rah rah crap behind you.

First, narrow down the list the white guys with no previous HC experience, that do have interim experience, that may or may not be coordinators at the moment, then interview them all, and whomever will accept the least amount of money, thats or guy.

somebody call tom cable the minute he gets fired, or we can pluck somebody like frank reich, it would make no sense and the fans would have a great guy to beat up for a few years.

First, narrow down the list the white guys with no previous HC experience, that do have interim experience, that may or may not be coordinators at the moment, then interview them all, and whomever will accept the least amount of money, thats or guy.

somebody call tom cable the minute he gets fired, or we can pluck somebody like frank reich, it would make no sense and the fans would have a great guy to beat up for a few years.

Another race card idiot.

Jebus, hasn't this team been thru 2 assistant coaches hired to be head coach in Mularkey and Williams to understand it is much more difficult for them to succeed then one with previous head coaching experience. One who has a winning record, the Bills took a chance on a HC in Dick Jauron who was a loser.

What most on this board realize is that Mike Tomlinson was the DC of the Vikings before he was hired to be the Steelers HC, he left a great defense in Minnesota and joined an already great team with a promising young QB in Pitt. You notice that Tomlinson didn't change the defense in Pitt to the Tampa 2, instead he let the DC there continue to run it.

So exactly what has Frazier accomplished that he should be considered for the Bills head coach, that Viking defense was already good when he got there. The GM added Jared Allen and they have the Williams Bros in the Middle to stop the run. Dick Jauron could easily make that defense look good, and we all know what he was like as HC.

can Frazier manage a game?

can he hire the right OC/DC?

can he get the smallish Bills defense to actually stop the run?

can he build an offense that will be better then 25th, which is what it has been for 7+ years.

can he mentor the QB's, which nobody has since Mularkey.

The Bills can hire the guy, I just don't see him being any better the Perry Fewell, who coached better and was an upgrade from Jauron.

Jebus, hasn't this team been thru 2 assistant coaches hired to be head coach in Mularkey and Williams to understand it is much more difficult for them to succeed then one with previous head coaching experience. One who has a winning record, the Bills took a chance on a HC in Dick Jauron who was a loser.

What most on this board realize is that Mike Tomlinson was the DC of the Vikings before he was hired to be the Steelers HC, he left a great defense in Minnesota and joined an already great team with a promising young QB in Pitt. You notice that Tomlinson didn't change the defense in Pitt to the Tampa 2, instead he let the DC there continue to run it.

So exactly what has Frazier accomplished that he should be considered for the Bills head coach, that Viking defense was already good when he got there. The GM added Jared Allen and they have the Williams Bros in the Middle to stop the run. Dick Jauron could easily make that defense look good, and we all know what he was like as HC.

can Frazier manage a game?

can he hire the right OC/DC?

can he get the smallish Bills defense to actually stop the run?

can he build an offense that will be better then 25th, which is what it has been for 7+ years.

can he mentor the QB's, which nobody has since Mularkey.

The Bills can hire the guy, I just don't see him being any better the Perry Fewell, who coached better and was an upgrade from Jauron.

Mike TOMLIN, did put together a good D