Some people need to calm down, The Buffalo Bills will be Fine

So Schumer has control over the NFL and can make them keep the franchise in NY even if the NFL owners (who actually have the power to decide) wants otherwise? Dude, think before you post. That is just nonsense. At best he can make some noise and try to drum up some local buyers to make a run at the team.

\

There is way more too it than purchase price of the team.

dude

First, this time next year Schumer will be Senate majority leader that is a pretty powerful position

Second if you think that The federal government is powerless you have not been paying attention lately

If a qulified buyer if found the team will not be leaving .

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

at anypoint the family could step in and take a lesser amount . I am not saying they will but it is not cut and dry . Plus the state could offer all kind of incentives ,tax breaks ect in order to keep the team in place. I think there will be a lot cards played here. I wouldn't think deep pockets from L.A are an automatic to win a bidding war

The executor doesn't care who wins the bidding war. Whether the highest bidder comes from LA, Toronto or Hoboken, NJ. is of no interest to the executor of the will. All he cares is that the estate gets the maximum amount for the franchise. If Ralph Wilson stipulated in his will that the team "must" be sold to the highest bidder the executor of the will has a legal obligation to abide by the terms of the will, even if the family is willing to accept a lesser amount from a local group.

Your notion that the state will offer tax incentives to keep the team in the region is fanciful. How can the government offer subsidies for an owner of a football team when the government is cutting back on education, health services and staffing etc.? The very stringent fiscal climate in the state and local entitities would make it politically impossible to get involved with the franchise issue.

You are very right that there are a lot of cards to be played here. The only problem is that the current owner of the Bills is holding all the cards. He is not only holding all the cards; he also owns all the cards.