Eagles will listen to offers for Mcnabb

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Living down here in Philly, I regularly listen to sports talk radio and the fans, along with sports talk personalities want McNabb out of there.

They point to the fact that winning seasons is not good enough and all those playoff appearances have yet to result in a SB win.

what do you think they will be looking for in return

what would you be willing to give up for him?

Everything in my wallet right now, plus Ellison, Whitner, Youboty, Mitchell...and JP Losman (after Ralph resigns him--I think his "3 week job interview" with OAK is probably done).

I would keep Lynch for all of his "upside potential"---think of it, there are hundreds of petty crimes he has yet to commit as a Bill!

One thing is McNabb will be looking for a new contract.

Exactly, and I'd give him one. Maybe 5 years? expecting he'll never see the last few years of the deal. But, a "McNabb" immediately ends all the Qb problem here. It allows us to concentrate on the line and other areas of concern. All the while you get a young , promising QB, whether it be Brohm or a draft pick, and give him a couple years of grooming with no pressure to take over.

This is esstentially what the Packers did, the Cowboys did, the Dolphins did, the Cardinals are attempting. And, IMO, allows for a much better chance of near and future success than drafting a guy and hoping to get lucky, ala the Steelers, Raven, Falcons.

what do you think they will be looking for in return

His salary ($10 million) is going to be a hindrance in trying to get rid of him. A team has to be willing to pay for that and will more than likely have to sign him to an extension. With that said, I think it will be somewhere in the area of a 2nd/3rd and a 4th/5th.

Would the Bills be willing to re-sign him to an extension? Probably not. If the Bills were just a piece away from getting over the hump of being an elite team, I would be all for it, but this team has bigger needs than trading for a 33 year old QB in the last year of his contract and is going to require an extension in the neighborhood of 4-5 years and $45 million +.

His salary ($10 million) is going to be a hindrance in trying to get rid of him. A team has to be willing to pay for that and will more than likely have to sign him to an extension. With that said, I think it will be somewhere in the area of a 2nd/3rd and a 4th/5th.

Would the Bills be willing to re-sign him to an extension? Probably not. If the Bills were just a piece away from getting over the hump of being an elite team, I would be all for it, but this team has bigger needs than trading for a 33 year old QB in the last year of his contract and is going to require an extension in the neighborhood of 4-5 years and $45 million +.

3 yr ext 20 mil

lynch .edwards and a third

For those who don't want to get involved witha 34 year qb. Think about how low this teams has slipped in the minds of Nfl people that some coaches are declining to be interviewed. A couple of 10-6 seasons would change some of that .

lynch .edwards and a third

For those who don't want to get involved witha 34 year qb. Think about how low this teams has slipped in the minds of Nfl people that some coaches are declining to be interviewed. A couple of 10-6 seasons would change some of that .

Lynch and Edwards have little or no trade value. Eagles have McCoy and Weaver and don't need Lynch.

Lynch and Edwards have little or no trade value. Eagles have McCoy and Weaver and don't need Lynch.

actually lynch is a great compliment to the two running backs they have. Neither weaver or mccoy are every down backs at this point and an in shape Lynch clearly is .Edwards would be a great backup for kolb .

3 yr ext 20 mil

This is likely going to McNabb's last contract and with the way Favre and Warner have been playing well this late in their careers, I think that they (the McNabb camp) would ask for at least the 4th year and there is no way he would sign a contract for less than the $10 million he is due to make next year.

He is going to command at least $10 million on the open market because one thing that is going to have to happen for the two sides to agree on a trade is the fact that the team that McNabb would be traded to would have to agree on a contract extension first.

actually lynch is a great compliment to the two running backs they have. Neither weaver or mccoy are every down backs at this point and an in shape Lynch clearly is .Edwards would be a great backup for kolb .

First, Lynch wasn't an every down back for the Bills.

Second, the Eagles would take a third back (Lynch) to make him their every down back?

Disagree about Lynch. His contract is almost up and teams would rather draft a RB. How does Edwards suck here but would be a great backup in Philly?

Donovan McNabb's $6.2 million offseason roster bonus is due on May 5.

Conveniently right after the NFL Draft. McNabb, 33, will be the subject of trade rumors all spring after Kevin Kolb showed in 2009 that he is capable of playing at a high level and has a full grasp of the offense. 2010 is also the last year on McNabb's contract. The Eagles will likely listen to all offers.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

so the coach goes on record that McNabb will be back in 2010 as his starting QB, but we are to believe "unnamed sources" saying the opposite from a stoodge at ESPN

Donovan McNabb's $6.2 million offseason roster bonus is due on May 5.

Conveniently right after the NFL Draft. McNabb, 33, will be the subject of trade rumors all spring after Kevin Kolb showed in 2009 that he is capable of playing at a high level and has a full grasp of the offense. 2010 is also the last year on McNabb's contract. The Eagles will likely listen to all offers.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

He would retire if traded to Buffalo.