Question about picking a HC when he is a

BeastMode54

I understand that the Senior Bowl and other pre combine events will be held with most all teams having their coaching staff in place. We need a HC to get in here soon to start planning for the season next year. I know that we interviewed Frazier and might interview Grimm, but they are both still in the playoffs. People are getting antsy and want a decision made soon. My question is, should we start interviewing lesser candidates who might be available now, just to fill the void? If we want Frazier, shouldn't we wait until after his season with the Vikings is over? I know I want someone soon as well, but I would rather not take someone just to take him. Have their been other situations where this has occurred to teams, where they had their guy in mind and had to sit and wait until his team finished their playoff run?

Your reasons are why some of the teams have filled their vacancies already, but I don't think it's a bad thing to wait. If Grimm is interested, the Bills should wait for the Cardinals to finish their season before he's interviewed. No need to hire someone just to have a staff in place right now.

Patience.

Until you talk to someone with the right qualifications, how do you know they would be a "lesser" candidate?

Coaches and players all around the league talk to each other. Word gets around. You don't think everyone knows how bad some of these guys are already?