If Frazier is the next Bills coach/Vikings Lose

Mikie2times

Two schools of thought

1. Frazier really is our guy, people around the league know it, they will not participate in our PR quest to make it look like no stone was unturned. Press conference announced Monday, Frazier signs by Tuesday.

2. Frazier was one of the guys, but after failed attempts at other coaches he is the only qualified coach left. They spin it as scenario 1. to the fans which could appear true as long as they move fast. Press conference announced Monday, Frazier signs by Tuesday.

If the Vikings lose and Frazier becomes the next head coach of the Bills, things will move very fast. The Bills can't afford for them not to with a shaky PR situation going on.

I think I read somewhere that a coach can't be hired from playoff teams till 1 week after they lose. Not sure, but I thought that's what I read somewhere.

Could be possible, so what I said plus a week if true. But I think the logic is sound. From Buffalo's shoes, no matter who we sign, he has to look like he was the guy we wanted all along. To do that he needs to be signed quickly when they become available.

Could be possible, so what I said plus a week if true. But I think the logic is sound. From Buffalo's shoes, no matter who we sign, he has to look like he was the guy we wanted all along. To do that he needs to be signed quickly when they become available.

I'd completely agree with that. And I'll add: they'll say he was their #1 selection and they got just they guy they targeted all along.

And, of course, he'll say he's excited to be here and looks forward to working with such a great group.

Even if so...who does he bring with him?

Do you think that anyone other than position assistants will come here to work with him?

I mentioned this last week...he has some cast members out there I would not mind seeing come with him if he IS the guy. I think it was the O-line coach, RB's coach and the WR's coach. I really like what they have done with the young players they have. There is no reason to think Lynch cannot turn into Peterson, he was right there with him their rookie season. Sidney Rice, although with Favre throwing to him, as turned into a stud...no reason that cannot be done with Lee Evans, or even James Hardy...he was touted just as highly as Rice was. And we have some very nice pieces on the o-line.

I would much rather have some of the staff from Minnesota...than some of the other teams we have looked into.

Pathetic but true. Whoever is leading the coaching search needs to be shown the door. How hard is it to find out someone's interest before officially asking for an interview? It's just common sense. I've never heard someone turn down an interview for a head gig unless it was a minority candidate. That's because no other organization is dumb enough to ask for an interview from someone who might turn down the interview. Even the Raiders aren't this dumb.

If all this ends up being true, it will take a lot to get me excited about the upcoming season. I'm not saying the guy can't do the job. But he better bring in one hell of a staff, a great draft, and show a plan that isn't a quick fix.

Oh yeah, and please bring back Pat Williams and Antwoin Winfield (5 years younger) with him

I think the Vikes are going to the Superbowl so we have to wait awhile.

Even if so...who does he bring with him?

Do you think that anyone other than position assistants will come here to work with him?

I mentioned this last week...he has some cast members out there I would not mind seeing come with him if he IS the guy. I think it was the O-line coach, RB's coach and the WR's coach. I really like what they have done with the young players they have. There is no reason to think Lynch cannot turn into Peterson, he was right there with him their rookie season. Sidney Rice, although with Favre throwing to him, as turned into a stud...no reason that cannot be done with Lee Evans, or even James Hardy...he was touted just as highly as Rice was. And we have some very nice pieces on the o-line.

I would much rather have some of the staff from Minnesota...than some of the other teams we have looked into.

It was quoted somewhere that Al Saunders would be the offensive coordinator under his staff. That's a good start in my books.

It was quoted somewhere that Al Saunders would be the offensive coordinator under his staff. That's a good start in my books.

If this is true,then we should trade for Todd Collins. From Al's Widipedia page:

"In 2007, Jason Campbell dislocated his left knee in a week 14 game versus the Chicago Bears. Veteran back-up Todd Collins, who took over the reigns and was very effective as he led the Redskins to four straight victories and into the playoffs. Collins' success can be attributed to the fact that he had been studying under Saunders' offensive scheme since 2001."

Speaking of PR...

I bet Russ Branden and the gang will try to sell the fact that the Bills didn't really interview anybody else because they were sold on Leslie Frazier from day 1. This will try to prove that he was there guy from the start. Nice attempt at trying to cover up the fact that nobody wants to coach this team. If he does end up getting hired, I'm sure I'll be a sucker and eat it up. I just want the Bills to be successful in the worst way possible.

Botttom line is I will stand behind Leslie Frazier just like I did the last few coaches, but my patience won't last very long!