OT - Tonights TV shows are great

aussiew

I watched Extreme Makeover, but i thought they went a little over the top this time. I've seen more deserving families. I think last weeks was a TOUGH act to follow. But this week, 2 new vehicles? JEEZ!

128135[/snapback]

Thank you. I thought it was just me. The truck would have been enough.

Plus all that farm equipment also. Tractors are not cheap.

128374[/snapback]

No stevestojan.

Neither are barns; what was the square footage on that? My uncle had to rebuild after a fire and it was beaucoup bucks.

There are families with sadder stories out there, I suppose, but how do you pick b/w them? Add in that the house was literally about to fall down. Did you see the stuff by the tub (what was that?) and the rotted-out 2x4s that served as the "foundation"?

Also, ABC probably wanted to reach out to a "red state"/Heartland. A family that needed a leg up got a new start.

Much better than spending $5M producing a sitcom/reality crap. Kudos to ABC and Sears for making a semblance of a difference.

No stevestojan.

Neither are barns; what was the square footage on that? My uncle had to rebuild after a fire and it was beaucoup bucks.

There are families with sadder stories out there, I suppose, but how do you pick b/w them? Add in that the house was literally about to fall down. Did you see the stuff by the tub (what was that?) and the rotted-out 2x4s that served as the "foundation"?

Also, ABC probably wanted to reach out to a "red state"/Heartland. A family that needed a leg up got a new start.

Much better than spending $5M producing a sitcom/reality crap. Kudos to ABC and Sears for making a semblance of a difference.

128417[/snapback]

60,000 sq feet is how big the "barn" was they said. But it really wasn't much of a barn, just a roof with 4 open sides.

As for a heartland state, they kept saying Bakersfield, isn't there a Bakersfield in California?

I thought it was Bakersfield, CA.  But the outer areas of Bakersfield are mostly farms. Perhaps he meant "heartland" socio economically rather than geographically.

129219[/snapback]

Well, half of the people in Bakersfield ended up there during the dustbowl. As transplanted Oklahomans I guess they are the heartland. BTW...Bakersfield is one butt ugly town.

I thought it was Bakersfield, CA.  But the outer areas of Bakersfield are mostly farms. Perhaps he meant "heartland" socio economically rather than geographically.

129219[/snapback]

I didn't even realize it was CA. It was. Couldn't even tell. I assumed b/c they had Randy Travis that it was in the Midwest. And that ABC would go the campy route. Does this blunder further the contention that the so-called red/blue divide is WAAAY overblown?

60,000 sq. ft. That's not bad, and not cheap. ~200ft x 300ft. It was simply for storing hay, so maybe just doing a roof (and they did have sides going down a little ways, and the possibility for tarping, etc.) was all they needed. It didn't look like an area that got a lot of rain....

On Edit: The barn

And may I just chime in that Constance Ramos is STACKED! :angry: