My observations and thoughts

UHSLA

It was an awesome game at the Ralph today. I'm sure all the REAL fans out there appreciated this team. Here are a couple of my observations:

1. The tight ends. Mark Campbell was absolutely on fire. He made some awesome catches and I'm glad he came up big. I was happy to see that Neufeld was actually getting some TE reps today. I still think he is better than Euhus, who was absolutely absent today. We didn't hear from him at all. I guess it just wasn't his day (nor was last weekend at Foxboro - as much as I like the guy, he still has some major developing to do). Peters did have a holding penalty on offense though. He was in there several times as an eligible receiver. We have great TEs and I'm glad Mularkey is finding a way to utilize them all.

2. Special teams. What can I say? They are awesome. They are most certainly one of the best groups in the league. We hear so much about guys like Fast Freddie, Terrence McGee and Nate Clements running the ball back down the field, but in order for them to do so, the other guys had to make some awesome plays (sans penalties) to make it happen. Tucker, Neufeld, and someone else (not sure) threw some great blocks in the wedge. Peters was suprisingly fast heading down the field on kick off. And he made that great play - good for him. And Neufeld had two tackles today. Nice.

3. Drew. Okay, if anyone thinks J.P. can get out in a game today and win, they are crazy. Bledsoe has his faults, but he's the guy for now. Boy was I nervous at the beginning of the game - it's as if he's nervous and just isn't focusing. But he got it together and helped lead the team to victory. That bomb he threw to Evans was nice. I'm still wondering why we don't through down the field more.

4. McGahee. I think he showed us today why Donahoe took a chance on him. It was horrible when his long run was called back because of a holding penalty. You should have seen him stay in bounds foot over foot as defenders were trying to knock him out. I think he's going to be an awesome back.

These are some things that really stood out during the game. Milloy, Adams and Schobel also played well. That hit Schobel had on Faulk was so hard. And Nate Clements - watch for that flip into the endzone on ESPN.

I can't wait to watch the next game. Hopefully the guys will take this momentum into the next game. Miami gave Seattle a run for their money tonight. We'll see what happens next week.