Bobby April to the Eagles

Don

I think I'm one of the few that will miss this guy. Lots of passion for someone in that position

Special teams were the one bright spot on the team during his tenure with the Bills and consistently ranked near the top of the league. One down year and suddenly, in fans minds, he stinks. I'm not sure if the new head coach would've retained him, but would've had the opportunity to do so if he wasn't fired by the organization before hiring a new head man.

Special teams were the one bright spot on the team during his tenure with the Bills and consistently ranked near the top of the league. One down year and suddenly, in fans minds, he stinks. I'm not sure if the new head coach would've retained him, but would've had the opportunity to do so if he wasn't fired by the organization before hiring a new head man.

Actually, April had an opt out clause in his contract and excercised it... The Bills did not fire him.

I think he was out as soon as Fewell took the interim spot because he felt he was next in line, although I don't know his background well enough to say he was HC worthy...but regardless, he gave the fans some entertaining and exciting moments

I think he was out as soon as Fewell took the interim spot because he felt he was next in line, although I don't know his background well enough to say he was HC worthy...but regardless, he gave the fans some entertaining and exciting moments

Yeah, it's too bad the Bills didn't either give him a shot instead of Fewell or at least given him an interview. I'd say the guy at least earned that much.

Yeah, it's too bad the Bills didn't either give him a shot instead of Fewell or at least given him an interview. I'd say the guy at least earned that much.

Look at the board reaction to Fewell, or any coordinator without a famous last name, when talking about the HC position. Can you imagine what the reaction here would be if a special teams coach got the HC job ... and a insider special teams coach at that? Mass suicide.

Look at the board reaction to Fewell, or any coordinator without a famous last name, when talking about the HC position. Can you imagine what the reaction here would be if a special teams coach got the HC job ... and a insider special teams coach at that? Mass suicide.

I think on an interim level, the reaction wouldn't be too bad simply because either he does a hell of a job and is a diamond in the rough, or we know real early that we get a new guy. With Fewell I think it spooled too many people up because there is a long history of OC's and DC's getting HC jobs and it made people upset that he could be a possibility rather than shoving someone there that really had no shot at the job. Plus on an endearing level, more people would have like to see April in there as a farewell if nothing else

Not sure that is a bad thing.... And they were talking about interim coach which April rightly thought he had a right to apply for since he was assistant head coach.