obama pledges 100 million to haiti

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By September 5, 2005, the feds had approved $62 billion for New Orleans. Search as I might, I didn't find anyone screaming about doing that without asking taxpayers. $100m is really a token amount.

When are you going to get rid of the Bush/recession/War/Graft/GOP thing?

You are a pathetic caricature of yourself in your glory days when the Republicans where to blame for everything.

$100m is really a token amount.

Not in Haiti, it's not.

Actual government expenditures are substantially more, anyway. You don't take over an airport, run an airlift, and park a carrier off the coast for pennies - most of which isn't going to be counted as aid, dollar-wise, since it's coming out of DoD's operating budget.

When are you going to get rid of the Bush/recession/War/Graft/GOP thing?

You are a pathetic caricature of yourself in your glory days when the Republicans where to blame for everything.

Your stupid uncalled-for personal attack highlights why my tagline is still relevant. Go pee up a rope.

Not in Haiti, it's not.

Actual government expenditures are substantially more, anyway. You don't take over an airport, run an airlift, and park a carrier off the coast for pennies - most of which isn't going to be counted as aid, dollar-wise, since it's coming out of DoD's operating budget.

Before the earthquake, it wasn't. But $100m now is definitely a drop in the bucket.

Before the earthquake, it wasn't. But $100m now is definitely a drop in the bucket.

I disagree. Haiti is such an ass-backwards hellhole of a banana republic, that you could probably rebuild all of Port-au-Prince for merely twice that. I think you're conflating the $100M of fiscal aid to Haiti with the monetary value of the direct physical aid being provided, which is substantially more.

Evil B word snake woman.

Articles titled, "Week after Quake, Aid Elusive"

Where are all the threads saying, "Obama hates black people!"

Have you noticed, Haiti isn't in our country. :blink: Big, big difference between NOLA. I gave my 20 bucks in the church basket this past Sunday.

Ya, I feel sad... There is only so muc we can do... Now if Haiti (that is moneywise) was a state or such...