obama pledges 100 million to haiti

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

Relatively speaking, $100 Million to help save lives is money much better spent than the Trillion dollar Health nightmare.

then he should cut 100 million dollars of taxes giving people more money to donate. then more money would get to haiti in a more efficient way.

Relatively speaking, $100 Million to help save lives is money much better spent than the Trillion dollar Health nightmare.

I agree- I don't understand criticizing or politicizing this move at all. If anyone can't understand what happened their, picture going to a family member's funeral and what that is like- then multiply it by 100,000. That's what happened over there

What do you want? A gold star for doing the right thing?

No....but it would be nice if the World stopped with the stand up rounds of applause for every tin horn dictator that finds a podium and screams about "The Great Satan."

I have no problem with the commitment of money, though our government does tend to just throw numbers around without accountability. My question is, who gets the $100 million? From what I've been reading lately, just giving it to the Haitian government as a gesture of aid doesn't particularly mean it will go to help those who need it.

I have no problem with the commitment of money, though our government does tend to just throw numbers around without accountability. My question is, who gets the $100 million? From what I've been reading lately, just giving it to the Haitian government as a gesture of aid doesn't particularly mean it will go to help those who need it.

I'm for more of a hands on approach. Forget giving them a check. The developed nations coordinate and rebuild the place. Equipment, supplies, tradesmen, foreman etc to manage, oversee and do the skilled/trade work. But all the richer nations should be pitching in.

Yeah, it'll build a nice new Presidential Palace to replace the one that was destroyed.

Palace before and after pics

Yeah, it'll build a nice new Presidential Palace to replace the one that was destroyed.

Palace before and after pics

Nah. Save the money. Apply it somewhere else where it is needed. Just give the guy a nice fully furnished double wide. I would even throw a Direct TV dish on top for him. Thats good enough for any politician. Even here.

The initial $100 million in aid to Haiti Obama announced is for the basics like life-saving equipment and food. I've already heard Rush criticize Obama for jumping on this issue quickly to get a political advantage. I suppose he would prefer he sit back and wait a few days. Then a local radio conservative today said he wouldn't help them, it's time they learned to take care of themselves.

The initial $100 million in aid to Haiti Obama announced is for the basics like life-saving equipment and food. I've already heard Rush criticize Obama for jumping on this issue quickly to get a political advantage. I suppose he would prefer he sit back and wait a few days. Then a local radio conservative today said he wouldn't help them, it's time they learned to take care of themselves.

Rush is a piece of ****, and whoever is trying to win political points on this one should take a good look in the mirror and see if they like the person that they're looking at.

Lets face it. Haiti has needed a baby sitter for years. Maybe Canada can make it a province! Just what they need.

Lets face it. Haiti has needed a baby sitter for years. Maybe Canada can make it a province! Just what they need.

Maybe this is the opportunity in the long term to rebuild Haiti into a more self-sufficient country. We can't do it alone, but as usual the U.S. will have to take the lead. Even from an immigration standpoint, we have to give those people a reason to stay in Haiti and not have a mass exodus of boat people to Florida.

Maybe this is the opportunity in the long term to rebuild Haiti into a more self-sufficient country. We can't do it alone, but as usual the U.S. will have to take the lead. Even from an immigration standpoint, we have to give those people a reason to stay in Haiti and not have a mass exodus of boat people to Florida.

I agree that the opportunity to rebuild the country is important, however trying to stave off a "mass exodus..." of immigrants from SFLO, is the worst of our worries. Between the Hatian immigratian in the 80's vs. the "Marielito's" who came at the same time with a carte blanch, "wet foot/dry foot" policy that remains in effect today, I will go with the contribution of the Haitian immigrants vs. what Castro sent to our shores.

Nothing against either country or people, however, from personal experience, the Haitian immigrants to this country have been as positive and productive as any other immigrant group in our short history.

Let's all support the people of Haiti in whatever way we can during this trying time.