Fewell to Giants as DC according to league sources

Beerball

I might add that it would appear to speak volumes of the guy's reputation that Jauron lost out to Fewell on this job. (Both interviewed for it according to reports.) Maybe Jauron didn't want it; he is getting checks from OBD for the next couple seasons for doing jack, after all. Still...

I might add that it would appear to speak volumes of the guy's reputation that Jauron lost out to Fewell on this job. (Both interviewed for it according to reports.) Maybe Jauron didn't want it; he is getting checks from OBD for the next couple seasons for doing jack, after all. Still...

There was a story in the intertubes that Jauron did not consider the Giants opportunity as his primary option as it would be seemed as a step back for him to work under Coughlin again.

There was a story in the intertubes that Jauron did not consider the Giants opportunity as his primary option as it would be seemed as a step back for him to work under Coughlin again.

Gotcha. Thanks for that; I had missed that one.

I wonder what he'd consider a step forward. He surely can't be thinking he's going to get another HC gig, and there aren't that many DC jobs out there either. The Giants would seem to be a good place to rebuild a reputation, Coughlin or not. In a scenario where Coughlin ended up on the hot seat while the defense performed well, I could see Dickie J backing into another HC position. The Post would be funnier for awhile, anyway.

It also speaks volumes of the posters on this board inability to judge coaching talent.

PTR

Sort of off topic, but related to Fewell.

Does anyone know where I can get the hoodie that Perry is wearing in this picture (link below).

I've tried google and bing and the Bills store with no luck.

I think the Bills store had them during the week after he wore it but I can't seem to find it anywhere now.

TIA !!

DGW

Go Bills!

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2010/01..._coach_per.html

PS.....do we know who our next head coach is yet??? :D

It also speaks volumes of the posters on this board inability to judge coaching talent.

PTR

Not sure what you meant. I meant that it speaks volumes about league perception of Jauron that you'd hire his DC instead of Jauron himself, a more experienced HC/DC. As GG notes, it might not have been a clear choice and Jauron could have turned it down before it came to a decision between the two.

Not sure what you meant. I meant that it speaks volumes about league perception of Jauron that you'd hire his DC instead of Jauron himself, a more experienced HC/DC. As GG notes, it might not have been a clear choice and Jauron could have turned it down before it came to a decision between the two.

I was commenting on how we judge someone like Fewell on his association with Dick Jauron. We invent all these reasons why he sucks that bear no relation to the truth.

PTR

I was commenting on how we judge someone like Fewell on his association with Dick Jauron. We invent all these reasons why he sucks that bear no relation to the truth.

PTR

I don't know about that. Some of his decisions, especially in the Atlanta game, were straight out of the Jauron playbook, in a situation in which he had nothing to lose.

Ignore that this is from Jerry's commentary and focus on the situations here:

Fewell punted on fourth-and-3 from the Falcons' 37 late in the first half. Late in the third quarter, trailing, 24-0, the Bills had a fourth-and-4 from Atlanta's 23. It was their deepest penetration of the day. Fewell kicked the field goal.

I had high hopes for Fewell based on the first two games. This game had me pretty certain that some Jauron had rubbed off on him. He did get more out of less than Jauron did. But he is the guy whose scheme was responsible for playmaking DBs that played ten yards off the receiver. The result was getting burned every time by the short passing game, especially against NE*. His run defense was terrible, and consistently so. He had every opportunity over three years to demand the kind of players he wanted. After three seasons, we still had tiny LBs and not enough muscle.

I hope when Perry gets his next chance, it'll work out better for him. He might work out well as a HC with better front office support. We'll see. Very recent history is not kind to the Jauron era and I think most ties to it should be cut for the sake of eliminating variables. I do wish they'd kept April (who was not a Jauron hire), and I think the crime here might be that the team didn't find out how it would have performed under him.

I don't know about that. Some of his decisions, especially in the Atlanta game, were straight out of the Jauron playbook, in a situation in which he had nothing to lose.

Ignore that this is from Jerry's commentary and focus on the situations here:

I had high hopes for Fewell based on the first two games. This game had me pretty certain that some Jauron had rubbed off on him. He did get more out of less than Jauron did. But he is the guy whose scheme was responsible for playmaking DBs that played ten yards off the receiver. The result was getting burned every time by the short passing game, especially against NE*. His run defense was terrible, and consistently so. He had every opportunity over three years to demand the kind of players he wanted. After three seasons, we still had tiny LBs and not enough muscle.

I hope when Perry gets his next chance, it'll work out better for him. He might work out well as a HC with better front office support. We'll see. Very recent history is not kind to the Jauron era and I think most ties to it should be cut for the sake of eliminating variables. I do wish they'd kept April (who was not a Jauron hire), and I think the crime here might be that the team didn't find out how it would have performed under him.

Oh, he punted in a meaningless game! The horror. Did he have the deer-in-the-headlights look too?

PTR

Oh, he punted in a meaningless game! The horror. Did he have the deer-in-the-headlights look too?

PTR

Sorry, man, that's a super-weak attitude.

If you're trying to keep the job and you claim that you're playing to win, no game is meaningless. If I was doing the hiring, that'd be the game that sealed Fewell's fate.