AP 2009 All Pro Team

Article Link

So which is a better affirmation of overall level of play during a season? A Pro Bowl selection or and All Pro selection?

To use an example which we all love , I don't see Jason Peters on this list.

Keith Ellison and Donte Whitner didn't make it? C'mon man! :unsure:

To use an example which we all love , I don't see Jason Peters on this list.

Yeah, he's not on the All-Pro list, so he must stink...

Leonard Weaver? From what I saw of him against the Cowboys, you can have him.

The true full time fullback is an archaic position in the NFL. IMO they should remove it from the All-Pro and Pro-Bowl ballots soon.

I love seeing Ryan Clady's name on the the list. We had a dire need at OT and we passed on a very good prospect for the illiterate but Athletic Leodis McKelvin. Let's hope Buddy Nix was not behind this selection as well...

Since Buddy Nix wasn't a member of the Buffalo Bills organization in 2008 when McKelvin was drafted, it's safe to say he wasn't involved in the selection.

There were a lot of terrific offensive tackles to get drafted in round one of that draft. We really did miss the boat. Far too often we draft on perceived need, rather than having any kind of foresight. It's too bad this seasons draft doesn't appear to have that kind of depth at the position.

Since Buddy Nix wasn't a member of the Buffalo Bills organization in 2008 when McKelvin was drafted, it's safe to say he wasn't involved in the selection.

There were a lot of terrific offensive tackles to get drafted in round one of that draft. We really did miss the boat. Far too often we draft on perceived need, rather than having any kind of foresight. It's too bad this seasons draft doesn't appear to have that kind of depth at the position.

I can't blame the Bills for not taking a tackle in 2008. How did we miss the boat when we had two starting tackles in Peters and Walker? I do blame the Bills for not re-signing Greer and using the McKelvin pick on interior OL or DL, but I can't fault them for not selecting a tackle. They didn't know that Peters would later refuse $9M/yr and demand to be the highest paid OT in the league.

I can't blame the Bills for not taking a tackle in 2008. How did we miss the boat when we had two starting tackles in Peters and Walker? I do blame the Bills for not re-signing Greer and using the McKelvin pick on interior OL or DL, but I can't fault them for not selecting a tackle. They didn't know that Peters would later refuse $9M/yr and demand to be the highest paid OT in the league.

Cornerback wasn't a glaring need unless they planned on letting both Greer and McGee walk. I don't care what kind of misguided financial commitment they made to Langston Walker. He was a below average player even at right tackle and if the best available player was an offensive tackle, they should've taken one.