Amish & other sects can opt out of mandatory HC

Beerball

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In my religion we don't object to insurance, we just object to being forced to carry it. May I opt out? Oh BTW, I've just started this religion so if anyone wants to join PM me, I'll send you the appliction. We take Visa, Mastercard, Amex and Discover. Oh and cash works too.

Wait 'til you see the special folks who will be exempt from this. By the time they get done handing out favors to unions and seniors and people from various sects, I'm not sure who will pay for it.

Oh, wait. Yes I do. The unemployed poor for whom this abortion of a bill is being created.

The Amish HAVE TO be able to opt out. They opt out of mostly ALL government services. They have a special deal with the feds and local govt and always have. Accepting govent helth care is not just a violation of a small "rule" in their faith. It runs counter to EVERYTHINg they beleive in. And UNLIKE most turds who got their hands out....they opt out of govt services AND provide for THEMSELVES. What a concept.

I got no problem with this.

I dig the Amish in a big way. They are family oriented, TOTALLY self sufficient, and when it comes to religion, they dont make you join it UNTIL youre an adult (Anabaptist). They encourage their teenage children to leave the Amish community, experience the modern world for a time and THEN make the decision to go forth with the modern world or stay with the Amish one. And even better, if you DO go with the modern world, youre not outcast from the family or community one bit. The ONLY time a family member is outcast is if s/he decides to lead an Amish life and then at some point bails on it. Pretty cool and forward thinking.

And that Ms. Hamilton has some set of balls on her. The govt has about a billion special consessions for the Jews so she has ZERO right to get on other religions for asking for the same. Just a few weeks ago, the city of NY tore up miles of bike lanes on Bedford Ave in Brooklyn becuase the Hasidm there claim seeing cyclists with bare legs violated their sensibilities. And the Amish dont SHUN health care. They just dont want the gubmint to help them pay for it. So she needs to shut up.

The Amish HAVE TO be able to opt out. They opt out of mostly ALL government services. They have a special deal with the feds and local govt and always have. Accepting govent helth care is not just a violation of a small "rule" in their faith. It runs counter to EVERYTHINg they beleive in. And UNLIKE most turds who got their hands out....they opt out of govt services AND provide for THEMSELVES. What a concept.

I got no problem with this.

I dig the Amish in a big way. They are family oriented, TOTALLY self sufficient, and when it comes to religion, they dont make you join it UNTIL youre an adult (Anabaptist). They encourage their teenage children to leave the Amish community, experience the modern world for a time and THEN make the decision to go forth with the modern world or stay with the Amish one. And even better, if you DO go with the modern world, youre not outcast from the family or community one bit. The ONLY time a family member is outcast is if s/he decides to lead an Amish life and then at some point bails on it. Pretty cool and forward thinking.

And that Ms. Hamilton has some set of balls on her. The govt has about a billion special consessions for the Jews so she has ZERO right to get on other religions for asking for the same. Just a few weeks ago, the city of NY tore up miles of bike lanes on Bedford Ave in Brooklyn becuase the Hasidm there claim seeing cyclists with bare legs violated their sensibilities. And the Amish dont SHUN health care. They just dont want the gubmint to help them pay for it. So she needs to shut up.

I too admire the Amish. Really do. My guess is that soon there will be a large number of inner city Amish exposed that we never knew about.

In all seriousness, if someone is able to opt out of mandatory health care, who foots the bill when they receive medical treatment that they cannot pay for out-of-pocket?

This may seem foreign to you, but responsible people make monthly payments until the bill is paid.

If we're paying for it now, and we'll have to pay the same later why are we pre-funding the plan for four years?

Well, the way I see it:

(More people who have health insurance) = (Fewer uninsured, un-paying people who receive health care)

(Fewer uninsured, un-paying people who receive health care) = (Fewer tax dollars from the general population)

Bottom line:The more people who pay for their own health insurance, the less I have to pay for their lack of health insurance.

Is that right or am I missing something?