Shotty Jr. is too arrogant for his own good...

BillsPhan

Has anyone considered the fact that, you know, he actually likes his current job???

Jeez.

I have, but that's not the point. I still liked my current job after a year (that was almost years ago), but now I'd seriously consider another opportunity if it was attractive. I'm not aggressively trying to jump ship, but if another attractive opportunity came along, I wouldn't ignore it...especially if it was a promotion from my current job. You can always go to the interview and decline the job if you're offered it.

Considering that there are only 32 of these openings in the world, he shouldn't balk at the chance to at least interview.

Brain Shottenheimer recently said:

"The last couple years, I've had some opportunities, and was very interested. And for the first time in a real long time, I'm really happy. I love it here; I love working for Coach Ryan. I hope I'm here for a long time."

If you look closely, you can see some of rex ryans children running out of the sides of his mouth while he is said that.

I have, but that's not the point. I still liked my current job after a year (that was almost years ago), but now I'd seriously consider another opportunity if it was attractive. I'm not aggressively trying to jump ship, but if another attractive opportunity came along, I wouldn't ignore it...especially if it was a promotion from my current job. You can always go to the interview and decline the job if you're offered it.

Considering that there are only 32 of these openings in the world, he shouldn't balk at the chance to at least interview.

I love my job, and I turn down interviews to interview elsewhere. I don't even think about it twice, in fact.

I love my job, and I turn down interviews to interview elsewhere. I don't even think about it twice, in fact.

That's an excellent point. I can't fault BS for being happy where he is.

We assume that EVERY coach wants to reach the pinnacle of his profession. If BS doesn't aspire to that then, like him, we are better off. Imagine interviewing someone who didn't aspire to the position for which he was being interviewed? BS did us a favor by being honest with himself.

GO BILLS!!!

Brain Shottenheimer recently said:

"The last couple years, I've had some opportunities, and was very interested. And for the first time in a real long time, I'm really happy. I love it here; I love working for Coach Ryan. I hope I'm here for a long time."

Translation: "I'm too good for the Buffalo Bills, and if I interview, with Nix's relationship with my Dad, they will most certainly hire me, so I'm turning down the opportunity to interview for one of only 32 NFL Head Coaching postions available in the world.....despite the fact I'm only 36 years old, despite the fact I've never been a head coach of any kind, despite the fact I've only been an OC for a few years."

In addition, as far as his quote above about "loving to work with Coach Ryan", if some other more "attractive" NFL job pops open by surprise when the SB is played and the '09 season is officially over, (such as Dallas, if the Cowboys lose big to the Vikings and Jones decides he's had enough with Wade. or San Diego if the Charges go down to the Jets and they send Turner packing), watch him jump on a plane to Dallas or San Diego in a heart beat to interview for those jobs, even though he's "really happy and loves it in New York."

I would respect young Shotty if he would have just said, "I want to thank Mr. Wilson for the opportunity to interveiw, but I am not interested at this time." He's only going to look foolish now, with his bull about his love fest with Rex Ryan, if he ends up interviewing anywhere else this year.

Holy crap. Do the world a favor.... post less.