Wilson and the future of the Bills

I'm new here, so please excuse me if this is redundant: Why hasn't Ralph Wilson done or said something to ensure that everyone knows the Bills will stay in Buffalo after he dies. Isn't that the main reason we're having trouble with big name coaches - the uncertainty of the Bills staying here? I guess it seems like it comes down to this: either Ralph can sell it now upon condition that the Bills stay put, or, he can hold onto the team until his passing, and it will then go to the highest bidder, unless he has something in place to keep the team here.

I'm not saying those are the only options - there are probably many legalities I'm unaware of when it comes to a business this large. Nevertheless, shouldn't he do something now to let everyone know where the team stands for the forseeable future? He did tell a reporter that the Bills would be staying in New York. But, if he knows that for sure, couldn't he make the reasons public? It seems to me that would really help in landing a good coach, and FA's, and assistant coaches. etc. If the future of the Bills were dependant upon his staying alive, then it is no wonder we're having trouble bringing in legitimate coaches and players.

What happened to all that talk that was going on a couple weeks ago about Ralph possibly giving the team to his wife, and Jim Kelly and Thurman somehow being intimately involved in the talks????? Because I totally agree, this is a huge deal to these prospective coaches, from what it sounds.

I'm new here, so please excuse me if this is redundant: Why hasn't Ralph Wilson done or said something to ensure that everyone knows the Bills will stay in Buffalo after he dies. Isn't that the main reason we're having trouble with big name coaches - the uncertainty of the Bills staying here? I guess it seems like it comes down to this: either Ralph can sell it now upon condition that the Bills stay put, or, he can hold onto the team until his passing, and it will then go to the highest bidder, unless he has something in place to keep the team here.

I'm not saying those are the only options - there are probably many legalities I'm unaware of when it comes to a business this large. Nevertheless, shouldn't he do something now to let everyone know where the team stands for the forseeable future? He did tell a reporter that the Bills would be staying in New York. But, if he knows that for sure, couldn't he make the reasons public? It seems to me that would really help in landing a good coach, and FA's, and assistant coaches. etc. If the future of the Bills were dependant upon his staying alive, then it is no wonder we're having trouble bringing in legitimate coaches and players.

The location of our team means nothing to prospective coaches and players. If anything I'm sure both would say they would prefer a more mild climate.

What happened to all that talk that was going on a couple weeks ago about Ralph possibly giving the team to his wife, and Jim Kelly and Thurman somehow being intimately involved in the talks????? Because I totally agree, this is a huge deal to these prospective coaches, from what it sounds.

Again, this isn't a huge deal to players and coaches. Our stability, amongst the entire organization, is a big deal.

Our owner is 91, and unfortunately 91 year old owners pass away more frequently then 60 or 70 year old owners. This owner controls the HC's fate. Any new owner content on leaving us here or moving our team is still a new owner. New owner = unknown person responsible for your paycheck.

Our entire staff has been turned over more times then Jenna Jamison. Since our playoff drought started only a couple HC's, OC's, and DC's have survived three years in this city.

Our team lacks talent at positions which provide NFL teams with consistency.

I'm new on the board too. But the only answer I can give you for Ralph Wilson not guaranteeing the Bills stay in Western New York is that.....he simply won't. People tend to make more out of Ralphs' words then they should. He said that he will not pass the team onto his family. He said he will be the owner until he dies. He said apon his death, the team will then be sold. Sure it's not what we want to hear, but he has not swayed from those terms one bit since he said them, and in most cases, Ralph Wilson is a straight shooter who says what he feels. Sorry, but all the Jim Kelly - Thurman Thomas rumors you can come up with has not changed those basic facts, right out of Wilson's mouth. The best thing Kelly / Thomas can do is gear up for the sale for the day Wilson dies, and have his billioniare buddies prepared to make a strong bid. Other then that, I have not heard Wilson say he will sell off part of his team, or anything else.