Source: Frazier next Bills HC

buffalo1983

Of course we all want to see Bill Cowher as our headcoach, but lets face it, he is NOT coming here. I think we all can agree on that.

No, we really can't. About 75% of us will agree with that when we see another coach on the platform at the "Welcome to Buffalo" press conference. And that is as it should be, because it's clear as Everest air on a sunny day that Cowher is taking his time to make up his mind.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, you CAN win with a coordinator ( Tomlin, Payton, Fisher, Ryan et al ) I just don't want THAT coordinator. There is nothing innovative or exceptional about him. He runs a defensive system similar to the one we have had crashing failure with for years. The 3-4 is where it's at these days, and an attacking defense is in order. He also has possibly the best D line in football to do it. His manner is similar to Jauron. This franchise needs a new energy, and I don't see this guy as having it. Perhaps Frazier will be a good HC somewhere, but it doesn't look like a good fit here.

Actually, one of the main reasons the 3 - 4 has been successful for the last 10 - 15 years is that so few teams ran it. That meant that you were running a defense that teams hadn't prepared for till that week, and that you were looking to draft a kind of athlete that very few other teams even want.

Now that it is popular, everybody plays against it again and again, and it's not surprising anyone anymore. And in the draft, you're competing against most of the league to get the gigantous NT and the slightly under-sized (by 4-3 standards only) ultra-athlete pass-rushing OLB.

The 3 - 4 peaked a year or three ago. This is the worst time in 15 years to make the decision to switch to the 3 - 4.

And Frazier isn't a Jauron clone at all. He doesn't show his temper all that often, but it's there. He is clearly a fiery orator and an inspirational leader. While the players loved Jauron, it wasn't because he was fiery or inspirational.

Frazier would be a top 3 coach! :blink:

If jauron is #1 ;)

I don't get how a guy who was fired by Marvin Lewis a few years ago, gets hired into an already really good defense scheme with some great players and does well... is now head coaching material?

all i see is another jauron clone and another 3 years of failure :lol:

If true, it's a typical uninspired hire at a time when the franchise is at a crossroads and cannot afford another blunder. This guy seems like more of a Jauron clone tha say a Mike Tomlin. Be ready for the "He's the guy we targeted all along" presser from Nix. Garbage. The Tampa 2 only works with exceptional athletes. Newsflash: we don't have them. This team needs to go to a 3-4 and stock up on LB's . Then get a true noseman. It will take far too long for this team to be any good running a cover 2 scheme. We need new players at almost every position in the front 7 to be effective. Get Harbaugh. At least he's been a head coach at some level and turned around a joke of a college program.

He has not been hired! When until he is before whining.

Yeah because Sheftner has been right on throughout this whole process...... If there's anything I've learned is that NFL Network and ESPN reporters don't have the inside info they are hyped to have. Basically they suck..

No argument from me.. Truth is nobody knows what is happening with the search except the boys at 1 Bills drive and they aint talkin. Anything the talking heads say is pure speculation and sometimes they happen to be right. Thay have also been know to be wrong as well.

Hmmmmmm. Had not heard that. Fascinating left-field development.

Left field? He's the only guy, besides Fewell, that has really been interviewed. I don't see anyone else lining up for the job.

Sad statement about the organization.

:blink:

We need to give the guy a chance. Perry did well when he was out from under Dick. I do not know Frazier at all but if he can get the guys to play who cares how firey he is.

No offense...But this is the type of post that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the past 10 years have taken their toll on some Bills Fans regarding their expectations...

Fewell went 3-4 as a Head Coach...3-4...that's one game under .500...How exactly can that be considered doing well? He did no better than Jauron would have normally...And Jauron sucked...On top of that Fewell's Defenses, while good at times, were also terrible at other times over the past 4 years...So I'm not sure what makes him so outstanding overall...

I think the same about Frazier...We need to raise the bar in Buffalo...I seriously doubt Frazier will be able to do that in THIS organization...I think Frazier is a terrible, terrible hire for THIS Team at this point in time...It's just more of the same approach that has us where we are...Raiders East, as one Poster pointed out so cleverly...

If Frazier comes to The Bills I hope to God I'm wrong...But he simply does nothing for me...I wonder how much he would be considered without those 3 monsters on his front 4...I'd give Cowher 100 million before I'd hire Frazier...But I realize that's just me...And it's easy for me to spend the money Ralph never will... :blink:

After getting spurned by Cowher, Schotty junior and Rivera I would actually be relieved to see Frazier take the job (if offered). From everything you hear and read, he's a quality coach who deserves to head up a team. He's been around a while and the experts feel has enough contacts around the league to assemble the best staff when compared to the other coordinators.

Let's face it. If given a great roster and talent, most coaches can win. The coach is huge, but Buddy Nix is the real key to turning this around.

No offense...But this is the type of post that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the past 10 years have taken their toll on some Bills Fans regarding their expectations...

Fewell went 3-4 as a Head Coach...3-4...that's one game under .500...How exactly can that be considered doing well? He did no better than Jauron would have normally...And Jauron sucked...On top of that Fewell's Defenses, while good at times, were also terrible at other times over the past 4 years...So I'm not sure what makes him so outstanding overall...

I think the same about Frazier...We need to raise the bar in Buffalo...I seriously doubt Frazier will be able to do that in THIS organization...I think Frazier is a terrible, terrible hire for THIS Team at this point in time...It's just more of the same approach that has us where we are...Raiders East, as one Poster pointed out so cleverly...

If Frazier comes to The Bills I hope to God I'm wrong...But he simply does nothing for me...I wonder how much he would be considered without those 3 monsters on his front 4...I'd give Cowher 100 million before I'd hire Frazier...But I realize that's just me...And it's easy for me to spend the money Ralph never will... :blink:

You are pounding the lecturn for Cowher but he doesn't want to come here. Can people not understand that? We ALL want Cowher. YOu still gotta take the best coordinator if the Chin won't sign. I mean HArbaugh for the Ravens was a QB coach (i think?) when they hired him. Just get whoever some good players, a QB, draft well and stay away from injuries for a change.

But better to take the time to completely overhaul and start anew, cause that won't take long at all. Also, Frazier spent 9 years as a successful head coach in the college ranks.

To be fair, it would be a complete overhaul any way you look at it. The only spots on this defense that are worth saving for TRUE starters are Stroud, Williams (maybe), Poz (if he has other decent LB's around him), McKelvin, Byrd.

All others are a waste and 100% expendable.

If you have to start over, you might as well pick a defense that is actually effective.