Billboards, Planes and Sources Deep Within the Organization...

Kipers Hair

I know I gave my diagnosis and informal epitaph regarding the problems with the Buffalo Bills Organization, but with each passing day, watching the disappointment boiling into frustration and anger, I really need to express my fascination and at times admiration for those of you willing to cough up monies to pay for a billboard admonishing ambivalent ownership in a desperate plea to be heard, tracking flights and desperately clinging to rumors originating from sources reportedly in the know.

You “true” Bills fans are simply amazing – a true character study in perseverance. Not since the hardy souls in Stalingrad defied Hitler’s Nazi forces and ultimately won in 1943 has the world seen such steadfast resolve. Who knows what disappointment lies around the next bend, be it the draft, free agency or the coaching search, one thing we do know to be true, once the shock and dismay wear off, you will be there to eat up whatever bland concoction Buddy and the boys cook up for you the opening week of pre-season. Much of me admires your fortitude, but the part that keep’s me coming back and watching is to see how the true bill-ievers react. Simply amazing. I sincerely am hoping there will come a day when each and every one of them gets a chance to say I told you so.

I know I gave my diagnosis and informal epitaph regarding the problems with the Buffalo Bills Organization, but with each passing day, watching the disappointment boiling into frustration and anger, I really need to express my fascination and at times admiration for those of you willing to cough up monies to pay for a billboard admonishing ambivalent ownership in a desperate plea to be heard, tracking flights and desperately clinging to rumors originating from sources reportedly in the know.

You “true” Bills fans are simply amazing – a true character study in perseverance. Not since the hardy souls in Stalingrad defied Hitler’s Nazi forces and ultimately won in 1943 has the world seen such steadfast resolve. Who knows what disappointment lies around the next bend, be it the draft, free agency or the coaching search, one thing we do know to be true, once the shock and dismay wear off, you will be there to eat up whatever bland concoction Buddy and the boys cook up for you the opening week of pre-season. Much of me admires your fortitude, but the part that keep’s me coming back and watching is to see how the true bill-ievers react. Simply amazing. I sincerely am hoping there will come a day when each and every one of them gets a chance to say I told you so.

Gosh, really not as epic as the fate of the world hanging in the balance. :thumbsup:

I think this billboard stuff is incredibly tacky.

big time tacky. lets assume WE DO GET COWHER. next billboards will be

"take us to the superbowl please"

"nice try, better luck next year"

"c'mon man, your not trying hard enough,last chance..."

"next, say good bye to hall of fame, dont let the door hit you on your way out"

"new coach"

"take us to the superbowl please, pretty please with cherry on top"

"this is your last chance"

"this billboard business is not really working"

big time tacky. lets assume WE DO GET COWHER. next billboards will be

"take us to the superbowl please"

"nice try, better luck next year"

"c'mon man, your not trying hard enough,last chance..."

"next, say good bye to hall of fame, dont let the door hit you on your way out"

"new coach"

"take us to the superbowl please, pretty please with cherry on top"

"this is your last chance"

"this billboard business is not really working"

:thumbsup:

Gosh, really not as epic as the fate of the world hanging in the balance. :thumbsup:

Exactly - the fate of nothing meaningful hangs in the balance - yet money is being collected, letters sent, flights tracked - essentially an massive expendature of resources for the pure passion of the team. Epic.

i agree. cant wait to see more developments. new hires. new draft players. etc.etc.

love our team.

sue US.

Sue US x3. And by the way, anyone comparing rooting for a sports team to the struggle against Nazi Germany is either practicing his metaphors for a writing class, or just plain stupid.

reality 101: not even close to offering lives to defy evil - or anything of a true epic nature as far as that goes - it's footbal team - my football team and i'll never give them up or give up on them - but have some perspective on the participation in real life-and-death history and a football team participating in a sporting event.

Get it straight. It was the Nazis at Pearl Harbor.

Kiper,

Great post again as you present a perplexing question, how can a manager or leader of an organization create this type of fervor or emotion towards a mundane capitalistic task? There is absolutely no monetary value at stake with this laughing stock of an organization, yet these people embody the spirit of the Japanese Kamakizi division so revered during WWII. Your analogy to the dying dog on the vet's table was a good one, the news out of New York today was last kidney shutting down.

Best Regards

Kiper,

Great post again as you present a perplexing question, how can a manager or leader of an organization create this type of fervor or emotion towards a mundane capitalistic task? There is absolutely no monetary value at stake with this laughing stock of an organization, yet these people embody the spirit of the Japanese Kamakizi division so revered during WWII. Your analogy to the dying dog on the vet's table was a good one, the news out of New York today was last kidney shutting down.

Best Regards

What an insulting analogy. We love our team through ups and downs much like a parent loves their child nomatter what. It doesn't mean I love them as much as a son or daughter but only that I'll never give up on them. The fire I have for this team is because I love football and I love my town. I give a few hundred bucks a year and a few hours on Sunday watching. I'm not going to sit here and let you pretend like my life is completely wrapped around this situation. We all have lives outside of our fandom. I have HOPE that one day the Bills will be the Bills I remember; the team that everyone in football hated because we were so good. Stop looking at hopeful Bills fans like we are idiots or mindless because we take advantage of being one of only 32 cities on Earth that have an NFL franchise. And as the grandson of a WWII Marine...Shut the !@#$ up.

Until the moving trucks pul out of RWS on the way to the Thruway, I'll hold out hope that my team and my city will rise again. Sue me too.

Imagine, I mean really imagine the day the trucks pull out. I have no doubt that the National Guard will be busy that day.

Why is it so horrible to hold out hope for the Bills until that fateful day comes?

What an insulting analogy. We love our team through ups and downs much like a parent loves their child nomatter what. It doesn't mean I love them as much as a son or daughter but only that I'll never give up on them. The fire I have for this team is because I love football and I love my town. I give a few hundred bucks a year and a few hours on Sunday watching. I'm not going to sit here and let you pretend like my life is completely wrapped around this situation. We all have lives outside of our fandom. I have HOPE that one day the Bills will be the Bills I remember; the team that everyone in football hated because we were so good. Stop looking at hopeful Bills fans like we are idiots or mindless because we take advantage of being one of only 32 cities on Earth that have an NFL franchise. And as the grandson of a WWII Marine...Shut the !@#$ up.

I thank your grandfather too for defending our Constitution, especially the First Amendment that you appear to not fully comprehend. My ancestors discovered this country, thus I am not quite sure what that entitles me to in your psychological prism? The simpleton response is well within the majority views for this internet community, this giving you an emotional rush to chase a dissident like me off of your beloved turf. The issue nonconformist like Kiper and me have had all long is the real reason for this organization’s prolonged suffering, the unwavering financial support provided by individuals such as yourself (I assume the few hundred dollars you referenced means tickets or zubas/Maybin jersey type purchases)? Because, like you, surprisingly enough, I am a fan of this team, except I have an expectation for a normal distribution in the performance of the franchise over time as oppose to permanently residing in the wrong tail of the curve in this case. Whether or not our non-conventional hypothesis is proven correct, remains to be seen, but it is extremely fascinating for discerning fans like Kiper and me to watch fundamentalist such as yourself continue to dive-bomb your emotional and financial planes for the good of the cause, in this case, to maintain a mere semblance of an NFL “football” franchise in Upstate New York. I guess similar parallels can be drawn to the almost universal human appeal of tragedies, hence the Kamikaze analogy my friend.

By the way, read the daily headlines and you'll see that the Bills are exactly being the Bills!