4 month rehab for Byrd

Beerball

snitches get stitches...

I get the Jim Rome thing, but I always thought your quote there was pretty dumb. Not to mention, you spell "Belichick" wrong. Is it a reference to a specific incident on the show or is that just the best you could come up with? No offense, I'm sure you're a nice guy.

I get the Jim Rome thing, but I always thought your quote there was pretty dumb. Not to mention, you spell "Belichick" wrong. Is it a reference to a specific incident on the show or is that just the best you could come up with? No offense, I'm sure you're a nice guy.

I for one do not get the Jim Rome thing and need it explained to me. I know Matter is a nice guy.

the whole "snitches gets stitches" isn't a Jim Rome thing, its a street saying that he borrowed from an interview with someone from the hood(Ray Lewis maybe?). In basic terms, it means keep your mouth shut unless you want to get jacked up.

An example would be watching someone get gunned down by a person you know and not relaying this info to the police because "snitches get stitches", meaning you're next if your open your mouth. I know this concept is hard for many of you from suburbanite communities to grasp...

the whole "snitches gets stitches" isn't a Jim Rome thing, its a street saying that he borrowed from an interview with someone from the hood(Ray Lewis maybe?). In basic terms, it means keep your mouth shut unless you want to get jacked up.

An example would be watching someone get gunned down by a person you know and not relaying this info to the police because "snitches get stitches", meaning you're next if your open your mouth. I know this concept is hard for many of you from suburbanite communities to grasp...

I know this concept is hard for you urbanites to grasp but he was asking about your sig line.

I know you weren't talking to me, and I get the above. But what the heck does it have to do with the Bills or Byrd? Or is "snitches gets stitches" just a phrase you say every time you hear the word stitches? (Do you also say it every time you hear "snitches? )

It was Delonte West of the Cavaliers that gave Rome that soundbite. With all the stupid things that get repeated ad nauseam around here, I'm not sure why you are being called out for this. Jeezus people relax.

From your dumb sig and not being able to grasp what anyone was talking about I have a feeling you are younger than most would think. Were you 12 when the whole Ray Lewis case happened? Do you even remember it? And you obviously dont remember that your "snitches get stitches" line is much older than that. Goes back to the NWA days or even older. But you probobly dont know them either.

From your dumb sig and not being able to grasp what anyone was talking about I have a feeling you are younger than most would think. Were you 12 when the whole Ray Lewis case happened? Do you even remember it? And you obviously dont remember that your "snitches get stitches" line is much older than that. Goes back to the NWA days or even older. But you probobly dont know them either.

Thank you. I was in fact, talking about his dumb sig line. But thanks everyone for the street lesson.

Just curious- where are you from?

F Eugene Parker for delaying his surgery!

Wait until he holds out and does not show up for next off-season, then you can REALLY say FU to Eugene Parker.

Old Eugene is going to demand the biggest Free Safety contract in the land should Byrd equal his rookie interception total next year.

Then he will be a Cowboy or 49er the next season.

From the PG/SG of the Cavs, Dolonte West (sp?)

Just curious- where are you from?

East side of Buffalo...Kensington/Bailey area

currently a happy suburbanite

and I know the whole snitches get stitches thing is much older than the Delonte West or Ray Lewis, etc...I mentioned this because it seemed to come into everyday use from it...