Brian Billick

Tried several times to get through. Wanted to know if he was interested in the Bills head coaching job. Nothing . Not one Bill question. A question about Pete Carroll .That was it for another subject other than the play-off questions.

Cool story, have time to tell me again?

I just wonder why no comments from Cowher or Billick now?

yeah why doesn't someone in the media just ask Cowher already!! RW asked the media to do this.

but no, we're left to speculate and accept tweets from adam shefter - overlord of nfl insiders and final arbitrator of Cowher's definitive position in this matter

Oh my gooness people. The Bills are not interested in Billick so why would it be addressed? Cowher will only Coach if a last minute job opens up and that is not in Buffalo. He has obviously told people not to bring it up on the show in case something comes up. Why has not said he is staying at CBS and be done with the topic? Because if he does that, the slight possibility of coaching in Carolina or somewhere similar is ruled out.

Better warm up to the idea of a top Coordinator or the possible dream of Schottenheimer package. Other than that, you won't hear diddly from Cowher until he is positive no other jobs are opening.

If I was Ralph, throw a boatload of $$ at John Fox and buy him out of Carolina for a long term contract. Cowher goes to Carolina, Fox comes here and everyone is happy......

Oh my gooness people. The Bills are not interested in Billick so why would it be addressed? Cowher will only Coach if a last minute job opens up and that is not in Buffalo. He has obviously told people not to bring it up on the show in case something comes up. Why has not said he is staying at CBS and be done with the topic? Because if he does that, the slight possibility of coaching in Carolina or somewhere similar is ruled out.

Better warm up to the idea of a top Coordinator or the possible dream of Schottenheimer package. Other than that, you won't hear diddly from Cowher until he is positive no other jobs are opening.

If I was Ralph, throw a boatload of $$ at John Fox and buy him out of Carolina for a long term contract. Cowher goes to Carolina, Fox comes here and everyone is happy......

What is so great about Fox? he has 3 winning seasons in 8 years coaching. He could not see Delhomme (sp) sucked. He got out coached by Jauron. No thank you.

I just wonder why no comments from Cowher or Billick now?

Firstly, there's no indication that the Bills are interested in Billick. Secondly, I can't recall a single instance where a person lobbied for a job through the media and ended up getting that job...or even consideration for that job.

As such, Billick has everything to lose and nothing to gain by lobbying for the Bills job. If he called them discreetly and expressed an interest, that is one thing. But to go on television and speak to reporters and lobby for the job? That would only serve to paint him as manipulating, grandstanding, and desperate. It would almost assuredly eliminate him from consideration.

The Bills' coaching search has been fairly discreet as it should be. It is not being conducted in the interest of the fans. Yes, it's been a bit of a news vacuum but the buzz surrounding the search isn't gonna sell any tickets. It's the offseason. What might sell tickets and generate excitement is if the Bills are able to hire a viable and legitimate head coach. Until then, I'm perfectly contented to wait until they do.

Oh, baby, you speak my language!!! :wallbash:

What is so great about Fox? he has 3 winning seasons in 8 years coaching. He could not see Delhomme (sp) sucked. He got out coached by Jauron. No thank you.

Dig deep and then ask yourself that question again...