What's wrong with Buffalo? Nothing, hears a good article with proo

I really am not taking Cowher's hesitance personally.

He and his wife are both from North Carolina. His daughter is playing college basketball in South Carolina.

He has all the money he needs doing TV, and there's good reason to believe Fox will be out with the Panthers within 12 months.

Why the heck would he do anything but wait for that situation, and even if the Panthers job doesn't free up, why wouldn't he just wait a few more years for his daughter to finish?

None of that has anything to do with Ralph Wilson, the fans, the city of Buffalo, the weather, the QB (Jake Delhomme hardly represents a "settled QB situation").

Sometimes the real answer isn't sinister, it's just simple. He's happy where he is.

I salute the effort. But geez, if the best you can come up with is:

Western New York has the sunniest and driest summers in the Northeast, which is when Buffalo hosts the internationally famous Buffalo Wing Festival. The Anchor Bar, which founded America’s favorite bar food, the nation’s oldest active fireboat, the third oldest zoo in the country and the original manuscript of Mark Twain’s “Huckleberry Finn” all reside in Buffalo.

you are in trouble. Particularly next to the census report of Buffalo ranking as the third poorest city (with > 250,000 people) in the country. Fortunately Cowher will probably never see it. Not that it would influence his decision anyway.

I really am not taking Cowher's hesitance personally.

He and his wife are both from North Carolina. His daughter is playing college basketball in South Carolina.

He has all the money he needs doing TV, and there's good reason to believe Fox will be out with the Panthers within 12 months.

Why the heck would he do anything but wait for that situation, and even if the Panthers job doesn't free up, why wouldn't he just wait a few more years for his daughter to finish?

None of that has anything to do with Ralph Wilson, the fans, the city of Buffalo, the weather, the QB (Jake Delhomme hardly represents a "settled QB situation").

Sometimes the real answer isn't sinister, it's just simple. He's happy where he is.

Bingo!

The wife and family have done the "rust belt" thing for how many years? Can you really blame them for being burned out with that part of the country?

I wish that Richardson wanted Cowher, because I think John Fox would be perfect for the Bills...

I'm from Buffalo and had no idea that there was an "internationally renowned" wing festival. Nor was I under the impression that Millard Fillmore being from Buffalo might help sway a potential coach's decision. The bottom line is that Buffalo is a decrepit city (at least in appearance) which is forever shrinking, while a city like Seattle is beautiful and growing all the time. That was a good point with the temperatures, however, there are not ten major cities with more snowfall than Buffalo. Maybe ten towns in Alaska, Minnesota and Wisconsin. Or ten ski villages. I can't imagine there is one major city that gets more average snowfall than Buffalo?

What the writer and fans don't get is it isn't 'Buffalo' that is the problem, it is RALPH WILSON. No one wants to work for him and that collection of assclowns he calls a front office.

Again for the billionth time, this is the same clowns in essence that have put together a ****ty team for years now. You think any respectable HC wants to be given this same **** talent year in and year out and told he has to win?

What the writer and fans don't get is it isn't 'Buffalo' that is the problem, it is RALPH WILSON. No one wants to work for him and that collection of assclowns he calls a front office.

Again for the billionth time, this is the same clowns in essence that have put together a ****ty team for years now. You think any respectable HC wants to be given this same **** talent year in and year out and told he has to win?

Exactly. Pay any HC enough $ and he'll be too busy doing his job to notice where he's living. If the wife has a problem with it, get her a plush apartment in Toronto. Now, when he is constantly interrupted from doing said job by a senile old idiot of a boss, that would be extremely annoying.

Exactly. Pay any HC enough $ and he'll be too busy doing his job to notice where he's living. If the wife has a problem with it, get her a plush apartment in Toronto. Now, when he is constantly interrupted from doing said job by a senile old idiot of a boss, that would be extremely annoying.

And bottom line Coaches love their reps. So Cowher signs here, makes 10 mill per year but these clowns give him **** for a team and he leaves here with a losing record. He won't care he made 10 mill per year, he will care his rep got shot to ****.

No one worth a damn wants to work for Ralph and his band of idiots. Until the owner changes, nothing else will change.

The weather isn't a big issue, the fans are actually a positive, the lack of a big city/big time feel doesn't mean that much. The reason the Bills can't land Cowher is due to 2 factors 1- The long term ownership situation, unless Ralph can find a succession plan that keeps the Bills in Buffalo for a long time then its all up in the air, Cowher doesn't need the drama that comes from a franchise in flux and possibly on the move.

2- (And this is mostly due to 1) The Bills play in an old stadium that while having its charm isn't going to be able to generate the revenue that other bigger markets do. With an old stadium there exists the possibility of moving at any point (If you just built a stadium odds are you aren't going to be moving anytime soon) and the possibility of being a low revenue team in an era where revenue sharing is gone (The stadium isn't that big of deal compared to the ownership situation).

Its not us its Ralph. The fans support the Bills, the city is a nice place, the weather is fine (I live in New Jersey and it gets cold here too) BUT until Ralph puts in a plan that puts into stone the Bills future then the franchise is always going to be were it is at and that is at the bottom of the barrel.

1) The Bills play in an old stadium that while having its charm isn't going to be able to generate the revenue that other bigger markets do.

Why is it so hard for people to understand, it's not the stadium that generates the revenue, its the market. The stadium is just the medium that transfers market wealth into $ in the owner's pocket. Buffalo could have the glitziest stadium in the league, but unless Ralph could fill it with deep-pocket corporations and company executives allowing him to triple ticket proces, the new stadium would have minimal value to the franchise.