Before getting a QB

major

Before we draft a QB or obtain one in free agency, check to see if they have a winning record.

For example:

Sam Bradford- won a Heisman and took the sooners to the national championship game. Has a better win/loss ratio.

Colt McCoy-won more games than any QB in college football history and took the Longhorns to the national championship game

Tim Tebow- won a Heisman and won two national championships. Has a better win/loss ratio.

Jimmy Clausen- did not have a winning record at Notre Dame

Jevan Snead- won more games than he lost at Ole Miss

Mike Vick- won more games than he has lost (barely): (37-31-1)

I could go on an on with more QB's, but I think you get the point.

Again, check the win/loss ratio before considering a QB.

Before we draft a QB or obtain one in free agency, check to see if they have a winning record.

For example:

Sam Bradford- won a Heisman and took the sooners to the national championship game. Has a better win/loss ratio.

Colt McCoy-won more games than any QB in college football history and took the Longhorns to the national championship game

Tim Tebow- won a Heisman and won two national championships. Has a better win/loss ratio.

What should we look at after W/L?

Not defending or advocating Clausen -- but it's not his fault that the defense at Notre Dame sucked while he was there. Would you disavow Aaron Rodgers because the Packers lost to the Cardinals on Sunday?

John Elway had a losing record at Stanford.

For example:

Umm. QBs do not win or lose games by themselves. They are very much dependent on the quality of players that surround them both on offense and defense. Whats your point?

What should we look at after W/L?

Where they're from is important too ie If they happen to be from Southern Cali. it's a no-go.

Then look at what type of car they drive and after that we need to check hair length.

If all of that is a go then sign/draft them.

It's a pretty efficient system, Bill Walsh used it for years.

Brian Brohm started 33 games at Louisville (after spurning recruiting offers from schools such as Notre Dame). Attending Louisville was a Brohm family tradition.

Brohm's won-lost record was 24-9. He led Louisville to their first and only BCS Bowl Win.

He returned for his senior season against much advice. He expressed that he wanted to lead Louisville to the National Championship.

I'm still not sure there are even 1-2 QBs in this year's draft who are better than Brohm. I'm quite excited to see what Brohm does with a full training camp and preseason under his belt, particularly if the Bills hire someone like Brian Schottenheimer, Jim Harbaugh, or Jason Garrett to work with him.

I'm a bit amused by the recent wave of Kevin Kolb buzz on this board. When the smoke clears on their playing days, it might be that Brohm had the better career.

How was Kurt Warner in college and the AFL? How was Tom Brady in his one year at Michigan and how was Tony Romo at a small college in the midwest?

QBs like other players come from ALL over the place. There are more QBs on cllege that have great records in college because they have superior talent on their team like M Leinhart. He has really lit up the pro game huh?

Just get a very good QB. I'd like one that is used to winning and is a winner but Clausen may be the best QB in the draft and had inferior talent on the team compared to Oklahoma, Florida, and Texas.