We all need to be more ''sensitive''

If only you had the freedom and opportunity to earn it on your own. That would be cool. Maybe now that you're considered "at hope," you'll try harder. :thumbdown:
and you dont want to work for it..........typical.
Learn more. Work harder.

Isn't America great?

Don't be so SENSITIVE. It was tongue-in-cheek.

I have been unemployed for a total of 2 months (in 2000) since graduating college in 1998. During that time I opted not to collect unemployment because I didn't feel right about taking it. I do not personally want or need your money.

I realize that I had a lot handed to me in life. I had a good upbringing and was provided a good education. I worked hard to get where I am now, but I realize that I would not be in as good a situation if I was not given a decent start. I have a supportive family and a good job with a relatively bright future.

The difference is that I don't think the world revolves around me. I realize that there are people who are less fortunate than me. I realize that to whatever extent I prosper, I do so in a system that is comprised of people like me, people who are more 'advantaged' and people who are less 'advantaged'. The system could not exist without all of its parts. In other words, the system itself breeds a certain percentage of people who cannot or do not take care of themselves for whatever reason. In a better system, there would be fewer of these, just as in a worse system there would be more. In my opinion, those who thrive in such a system should help to take care of those who do not. It's the right and moral thing to do.

Don't be so SENSITIVE. It was tongue-in-cheek.

I have been unemployed for a total of 2 months (in 2000) since graduating college in 1998. During that time I opted not to collect unemployment because I didn't feel right about taking it. I do not personally want or need your money.

I realize that I had a lot handed to me in life. I had a good upbringing and was provided a good education. I worked hard to get where I am now, but I realize that I would not be in as good a situation if I was not given a decent start. I have a supportive family and a good job with a relatively bright future.

The difference is that I don't think the world revolves around me. I realize that there are people who are less fortunate than me. I realize that to whatever extent I prosper, I do so in a system that is comprised of people like me, people who are more 'advantaged' and people who are less 'advantaged'. The system could not exist without all of its parts. In other words, the system itself breeds a certain percentage of people who cannot or do not take care of themselves for whatever reason. In a better system, there would be fewer of these, just as in a worse system there would be more. In my opinion, those who thrive in such a system should help to take care of those who do not. It's the right and moral thing to do.

tl;dr He was being a smartass, stop taking it so damn seriously.

In my opinion, this is the core difference between middle to upper class Libs and Cons.

If I'm out-of-line brining it up here, the board is just PP.

Yes the difference is Cons love helping people. We just don't like being forced to do so and having no control over who we help. I would prefer they lowered my taxes by 10% but I had to give that 10% to the charity of my choice.