Don't get your hearts set on Frazier

XTC

They rejected Billick because he is not a very good coach. If not for Ozzie Newsome's defense, he would have been far below .500 with the Ravens.

This is silly. The Stealers had a really good defense and no offense in 2005 Super Bowl. Maybe Cowher's just riding a good defense he was given. The Giants had a great defense when they beat the Patsies* the year before. Maybe Coughlin was just lucky riding the good defense he was given. The 71 Cowboys had a great defense, did Tom Landry get lucky. What about Mike Ditka with the 85 Bears. Can you name me one team that has won the Super Bowl that didn't have really good defense?

It's not for lack of trying with Cowher. Short of talking his family hostage the Bills did all they could, not that you would ever believe it.

PTR

I haven't seen any actual evidence of that at all. Beyond Kelly's 'call'.

Anyway it is like trying to hire Obama to be your state senator.

Shanny and Cowher, guys he KNEW would not come, RW made overtures to.

Billick, a guy we know we CAN get - and the Bills don't want him. Hmmm.....

I just hope the coordinator we end up with is the diamond in the rough we are all hoping for.

I haven't seen any actual evidence of that at all. Beyond Kelly's 'call'.

Anyway it is like trying to hire Obama to be your state senator.

Shanny and Cowher, guys he KNEW would not come, RW made overtures to.

Billick, a guy we know we CAN get - and the Bills don't want him. Hmmm.....

I just hope the coordinator we end up with is the diamond in the rough we are all hoping for.

Again, Zaz....prove it. This is all what you want to believe.

PTR

Again, Zaz....prove it. This is all what you want to believe.

PTR

Did you honestly think Shanny was coming to Buffalo NY?

Cowher, it is just such an incredible longshot.

I dont know whty billick wants to come but the fact is, he has expressed an interest.... and been rebuffed. Why? Did he sleep with Nix's daughter? Did he run over RWs dog?

Otherwise don't you hire the guy with the clear track record over the longshot (although, they did take Maybin over Orakpo, but this is different).

I don't see where Billick and Nix's careers have overlapped at all.

Money seems to be the last reason standing.

The proof is in the pudding; we are going to have a guy we need to hope can do it, over the established guy who would cost more.

DJ over Mike Sherman, MM over whoever was around then, Greggo, over whoever was around then....

Levy was also a cheap hire, and Hank Bullough, and Kay Stephenson. Chuck Knox was the only real and already legit coach RW EVER brought in.

Jeez Promo, how much more proof do you need.

That said, I hope I am proven wrong and you are right and we end up with Cowher; feel free to gloat away when that happens.

Frazier is the frontrunner because his only competition thus far is Perry. As you all know, lots more assistants will be rolling in this place in the coming weeks. Should the Vikings continue to win, I believe that Frazier's chances will grow dimmer and dimmer. When all the smoke clears, you will be shocked to learn that John Fox will be your new head coach.

Everyone keeps posting that if Frazier is the next HC, they will stop following the Bills. I am fine with Frazier. Also fine with Brian Shottenheimer. These are up and coming guys who show a lot of promise.

But John Fox? Now that will be a decision that will make me stop following the Bills. That guy is terrible.

Everyone keeps posting that if Frazier is the next HC, they will stop following the Bills. I am fine with Frazier. Also fine with Brian Shottenheimer. These are up and coming guys who show a lot of promise.

But John Fox? Now that will be a decision that will make me stop following the Bills. That guy is terrible.

The only guy that would stop me following the Bills is the guy that DID stop me followin the bills, Dick Jauron.

I was right back when Fewell came aboard and am here to watch whoever they hire.

Whuuuuuuuuuuut? John Fox is a hot,steamy, delicious pot of awwwwwwwwesome! :D

What I think people is missing with the last two hot coordinators we hired is that they both worked for a micromanager in Tom Donahoe.

Whatever hot assistant we bring will work hand in hand with Buddy Nix trying to build the roster through the draft. Another thing, if Nix brings an assistant he will make sure that the staff he brings with him is a good one. He won't be content with just bringing a guy for the heck of bringing him on board, he wil want to know who Frazier has in mind for his OC and DC and that applies to RIvera and Schotty Jr.

Frazier is the frontrunner because his only competition thus far is Perry. As you all know, lots more assistants will be rolling in this place in the coming weeks. Should the Vikings continue to win, I believe that Frazier's chances will grow dimmer and dimmer. When all the smoke clears, you will be shocked to learn that John Fox will be your new head coach.

thanks for the advice but not to worry - my heart aint set on Frazier

Ralph is very old, his rainy days are all behind him. What is he saving for? I believe he wants a winner badly. Nix knows that they need someone with some HC experience to make this happen during Ralph's lifetime. He can afford a little drop in the bucket chump change...6-7 Mill with a nice extension that he won't get in Carolina will bring ol' Foxxy sniffin' around.

Winning has nothing to do with what RW wants, he wants his franchise to make money. Anything after that is a bonus, if the team wins fine....if not, fine, as long as butts are in the seats.

Look at the history of the franchise, the ONLY time he hired a named coach was when he hired Chuck Knox and that was after a decade of being dominated by the Dolphins, that's right 10 years of losing caused him to finally make a move.

Now after his front office bozo's are afraid they will lose the complete fan base they consulted RW and made the move to fire Jauron, because morale was at an all time low.

Now those same front office bozo's are blowing so much smoke up our butts we don't know what to think, if Shanahan wasn't hired by the Redskins most of the board would be thinking he is "the guy".

After all the smoke clears Nix will hire someone that will come cheap, very cheap as they are going paying DJ 3.5 mil a year for the next 3 years. Someone desperate for a shot at a HC job, someone who is willing to overlook being handcuffed, like Frazier, Russ Grimm :D .

I'm fine with Frazier and I think that 99% of fans will be if he's named and they start learning more about him.