Real Lynch Possibilities

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They would probably want a draft pick too... at least a 3rd rounder. McNabb still put up great numbers w/ pretty much rookie receivers and he's a marquee name.

But, they do have an issue b/c they have three QBs: McNabb, Kolb and Vick. One of them (any maybe two) will go somewhere next year. My guess would be Vick.

I am wondering if Marshawn, a 4th this year, and a conditional next year wouldn't get it done........

Lets face it....ML is a talented back.

They would probably want a draft pick too... at least a 3rd rounder. McNabb still put up great numbers w/ pretty much rookie receivers and he's a marquee name.

But, they do have an issue b/c they have three QBs: McNabb, Kolb and Vick. One of them (any maybe two) will go somewhere next year. My guess would be Vick.

so we've gone from GAINING picks to build the trenches to trading AWAY picks for an aging QB (a la Bledsoe)?

cut off your nose, just to get the guy out of town...

face it, there just isnt a realistic, reasonable option for moving him.

so we've gone from GAINING picks to build the trenches to trading AWAY picks for an aging QB (a la Bledsoe)?

not saying that's what I want b/c that's the exact opposite. but, if mcnabb is on the market, they're going to want a ton in return.

i think bledsoe was 29 or 30 when we got him

I'm going to piss in the cornflakes and say that Freddie Jackson, while a solid back (who brings a good skill set to the table), is not as spectacular as TBD would liek to make him out. Here are some raw numbers to chew on.

FJ only had 4 games where he surpassed 75 yards rushing

If you take out the 3 games where Lynch was suspended, and the finale against the Colts backups, FJ only ran for 500 yards in 12 games in the middle of the season.

Nearly 40% of FJ's rushing total came in 2 games (375 combined yards versus the Buccs and Colts backups).

I'm not saying freddie sucks. I'm noy saying Lynch is awesome. They are 2 decent backs who were both limited by a horrendous OL this season. Lynch and Jackson are much more valuable as a tandem than either one is alone.

best thing footballwise is to just keep him.we aint getting anything more than a 5th for him.and we cant lay the whole thing on Jackson at age 29.

lets hope the little punk grows up a bit though

Just to be clear on my stance....I am not trading Marshawn for the sake of trading him.....if all we can get is a 5th round pick then that makes no sense at all

I will lay out my thinking......

We have several needs for this team....in no particular order

- QB

- LT

- LB

- DE

We only have one pick per round

- If you traded Marshawn (and a 3rd?) for McNabb you solve the QB issue.....not for the long term but long enough to get a veteran QB.

- First round pick - Goes to LT

- LB in the 2nd

Then you look for a DL via free agency.........in essence you have addressed all of those needs. We then groom Brohm to be the future guy. You have Bell doing what he should have been doing from the beginning.......backing up the OT positions.

You can get a veteran RB to back up Jackson....as a matter of fact Omon was doing just fine and we had to let him go.

Thanks, but no thanks. Lynch has really worn out his welcome around here, IMO. It was different if he was getting into all this crap off the field yet was still producing on it, but that obviously isn't the case. He was very ineffective most of the time he was in there all year long. Sure you can blame some of that on Freddy getting the bulk of the carries, but here's what Lynch did in the 3 games he had 15+ carries this season in weeks 5-7:

Week 5 vs Cleveland: 17 carries, 69 yards. 4.1 average. Long of 12.

Week 6 vs NY Jets: 19 carries, 61 yards. 3.2 average. Long of 12.

Week 7 vs Carolina: 17 carries, 40 yards. 2.4 average. Long of 8.

That averages out to 3.2 yards per carry over the 3 games when he had a pretty decent workload this season. A long run of 12 twice. Granted the Jets are a very good run defense, but Cleveland and Carolina's sure aren't anything to write home about. Tell me we can't get Lynch's production out of someone for cheaper and with less distractions? The Beast Mode era in Buffalo is coming to an end, IMO.

He lacks vision into holes. He ends up in Beast Mode most of the time because he runs into his blockers or the defense. He had a few decent runs this year on counter plays but F.Jackson is much more consistently productive.