All John Fox all the time>>>

XTC

Somehow, someway, we get this guy. This is a stubborn niggling hunch that has been eating away at me for the last few months. Cowher has been silent because something "wierd" is still perculating here in NC. Cowher might sign on for a hometown discount in Carolina, that means that Foxxy has to go somewhere???????? Right??????? Buffalo is in a one horse race right now. There is a funky game of musical chairs going on right now and Buffalo is controlling the needle. Oddly, USC might be the wild card team that tips the balance of what is going on right now, but at some point the music will stop and the Bills will be the only NFL chair left available for somebody. Add it all up: Reports that Cowher will for sure coach in 2010 (But not in Buffalo), Fox and Carolina are far from done concerning his future, and Nix hinted that there is a likelihood that the Bills will lean toward a proven coach and it may all add up to a move back to NY for Fox.

Somehow, someway, we get this guy. This is a stubborn niggling hunch that has been eating away at me for the last few months. Cowher has been silent because something "wierd" is still perculating here in NC. Cowher might sign on for a hometown discount in Carolina, that means that Foxxy has to go somewhere???????? Right??????? Buffalo is in a one horse race right now. There is a funky game of musical chairs going on right now and Buffalo is controlling the needle. Oddly, USC might be the wild card team that tips the balance of what is going on right now, but at some point the music will stop and the Bills will be the only NFL chair left available for somebody. Add it all up: Reports that Cowher will for sure coach in 2010 (But not in Buffalo), Fox and Carolina are far from done concerning his future, and Nix hinted that there is a likelihood that the Bills will lean toward a proven coach and it may all add up to a move back to NY for Fox.

I thought for sure, when this whole ordeal started that we'd have hired Brian Billick already. For some strange reason I still think so. No basis for that thinking though, whatsoever.

I thought for sure, when this whole ordeal started that we'd have hired Brian Billick already. For some strange reason I still think so. No basis for that thinking though, whatsoever.

Anybody with a little HC experience would be a wise move. We need someone that would bring credibility. I believe that a HC has less of a learning curve than a an OC or DC thrust into a strange new world.

Unfortunately, we haven't contacted him yet. I think we get Frazier. :flirt:

Frankly there is a lot of wierdness swirling around out there. Cowher has not publicly denounced the Buffalo rumors which leads me to belive that he could be shielding the Bills reputation so that someone (like Fox) can slip into that job while he slides into the situation that he covets. Cowher has been VERY strangely silent.

Frankly there is a lot of wierdness swirling around out there. Cowher has not publicly denounced the Buffalo rumors which leads me to belive that he could be shielding the Bills reputation so that someone (like Fox) can slip into that job while he slides into the situation that he covets. Cowher has been VERY strangely silent.

The problem with that is Fox needs to quit or get fired first and that doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Cowher is just as apt to let Fox be a lame duck, take over football operations during the 2011 lockout then be back in 2012 with his own handpicked team.

Unfortunately, we haven't contacted him yet. I think we get Frazier. :flirt:

And I can't stand Billick, but I think he'd be perfect for our situation considering how it played out. He's a major dikkhedd, and could also have a chip on his shoulder about being in Buffalo, like all of us. I think he would play up the us against the world mentality, because that's kind of his personality anyway. And if we did get good, we can use his condescending attitude to tell that world to kiss our ass, we did it without you. Billick would thrive on stuff like that.

The problem with that is Fox needs to quit or get fired first and that doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Cowher is just as apt to let Fox be a lame duck, take over football operations during the 2011 lockout then be back in 2012 with his own handpicked team.

Well, therein lies the rub...Fox does not want to be a lame duck coach. That would be the biggest overiding factor that will determine how this all plays out. I think that there is a lot more "off the record" conversations that go on than anybody realizes. What is there to stop Cowher from picking up the phone and talking to Fox off of company time?

Watching the local news here, Fox Greensboro, they reported that Fox talked to the media today here in the Carolina's and said it would take something "extreme to get him to leave Charlotte." Fox will not leave unless given a chance to coach somewhere else, a lucrative offer at that, with a contract that exceeds what he already makes. The guy knows he can make another year go by in the NFL and somewhere a college team will sign him next year.

Fox is not leaving Carolina.

Watching the local news here, Fox Greensboro, they reported that Fox talked to the media today here in the Carolina's and said it would take something "extreme to get him to leave Charlotte." Fox will not leave unless given a chance to coach somewhere else, a lucrative offer at that, with a contract that exceeds what he already makes. The guy knows he can make another year go by in the NFL and somewhere a college team will sign him next year.

Fox is not leaving Carolina.

Fox is scheduled to make a little under 6 million next year. That doesn't sound like an insurmountable obstacle if a team wanted him.

Fox is scheduled to make a little under 6 million next year. That doesn't sound like an insurmountable obstacle if a team wanted him.

Who's going to pay that guy more then 6mil? How many teams are looking for a HC in the NFL? Maybe a college team? I do not think he will go to USC. Del Rio won't go, either. It'll be that guy from Washington State or wherever.