The mother of all upsets?

Magox

It looks like the big guy is coming afterall.

Ballsy move on his part. Incredibly desperate. And apparently the Dem's message (since Coakley doesn't have one) is now "Brown is a a far-right extremist teabagger." Too bad they can't push the value of the health care takeover that Brown is opposing.

But mockery. That's the ticket.

Gonna be a very interesting Tuesday.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ballsy move on his part. Incredibly desperate. And apparently the Dem's message (since Coakley doesn't have one) is now "Brown is a a far-right extremist teabagger." Too bad they can't push the value of the health care takeover that Brown is opposing.

It's a good thing that 2 wars, an economy in free fall, and a humanitarian crisis aren't bigger than party politics. George Washington was a very wise man.

It's a good thing that 2 wars, an economy in free fall, and a humanitarian crisis aren't bigger than party politics. George Washington was a very wise man.

The economy is not in a free fall. It WAS in a free fall (because Republicans were in charge for the last eight years), until the stimulus bill got passed. But now it's fine, and the only way to get it on solid footing is with health care reform, and we can't have health care reform without the 60th vote, and we can't have the 60th vote without Coakley, and you can't have Coakley without a visit from Obama, who has already pulled us back from the brink, and Clinton, who believes that a lib winning the open senate seat and the problem in Haiti are not mutually exclusive. As NRO put it so humorously, "If we elect Scott brown, the eathquake wins."

The more I follow politics, the more I feel the way I did that one sad day when it suddenly dawned on me that no matter what I thought I heard in my younger days, most women simply don't like giving blowjobs.

Yes George tends to lose any battle he goes into, good point.

You mean like the 94, 98 gubernatorial elections in Texas and the 2000, 2004 Presidential races?

:unsure:

Having said that, if George W. did campaign for Brown, then I'm certain that Coakley would win.

Brown is a teabagger and Curt Shilling is a Yankee Fan

Stay classy folks :thumbsup:

Brown is a teabagger and Curt Shilling is a Yankee Fan

Stay classy folks :thumbsup:

I'm not a baseball guy, but I still get a kick out of some of the comments below the NYT article you linked to, especially the one saying that Shilling used a red Sharpie on his sock that night. And while I also appreciate the concept that not knowing a baseball player doesn't make you a bad Senator, can you imagine if someone running for office in WNY made a comment to Jerry Sullivan to the effect that Jim Kelly was "another Dolphin fan." :thumbsup:

I'm not a baseball guy, but I still get a kick out of some of the comments below the NYT article you linked to, especially the one saying that Shilling used a red Sharpie on his sock that night. And while I also appreciate the concept that not knowing a baseball player doesn't make you a bad Senator, can you imagine if someone running for office in WNY made a comment to Jerry Sullivan to the effect that Jim Kelly was "another Dolphin fan." :thumbsup:

And you would be just as busy spinning it the other way, presuming a Republican had said something similar. Get over the parties and vote all the asshats out IMHO. Asshats = Incumbents for those who don't get it.

The desperation continues.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/011...her_thinly.html

The DSCC is making hay this morning of this clip in which Scott Brown, in the process of praising President Obama's mother for deciding to have him at age 18, expresses some doubt -- and chuckles uncomfortably -- over the question of whether his parents were married when he was born.

DSCC spokesman Eric Schultz called the video "appalling" and tried to link Brown to the Birther movement, which denies Obama's citizenship and claims he was born abroad -- things he didn't even hint at in the video.

"Now, we find out that similar to the fringe birthers movement, he’s raised questions about President Barack Obama’s birth. Despite his best attempts to mask who he is, Scott Brown is an extremist who does not represent Massachusetts values, and he owes voters an explanation today on what he meant in this interview," Schultz said.

The claim is a wild stretch. The fact that Obama's mother was young and had to marry on the fly (his mother was pregnant when they were married in Feburary, 1981) is central to his biography, as is his father's absence, and while Brown seems confused on that biographical point, he doesn't suggest in any way that he's aligned with the Birthers. Indeed in a GOP where Birther claims are common on the Hill and on the airwaves, Brown's words are practically a vote of confidence.

;)

This reminds me of the LA Times running a front page, above-the-fold article the day before the special gubernatorial election that interviewed a woman who said she was groped by Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Again, they can't discuss the fact that Brown is against the health care bill and against trying KSM in NYC, so they do what works best...smear.

I can't speak for you libs, but from a conservatives standpoint, if Brown wins a seat held in Massachusetts for over 50 years by the left, I'd say the conservative lazy asses are off the couch and took a stand, because things ARE bad enough, and they're only going to get worse as long as Obama and his his four-fingered puppet masters are running unchecked.

Youre wrong...tis just a bunch of misguided cleveland steamers who are upset over the war or something.