So the Browns need a GM, they get Holmgren.

Lv-Bills

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. It's amazing that the Jets had the draft we needed a couple of years ago. The Hawks can go out and bring in Floyd Reese, and three guys from the best orgs in the league.

We, on the other hand, interview three from within. I'm so sickened by this team. And I really dont' even mind Nix. I would have even liked him more, if we would have even tried someone, anyone, from outside the org.

Now, on to the coach. LOL. Skins fans are ecstatic. Hawks fans are kinda fired up and curious. We, on the other hand, look like we'll be guessing again on another assistant who isn't an innovator like Sean Payton or Rex Ryan. No, we'll get Leslie Frazier who runs someone else's crappy defense with great talent.

I wish I just had one iota of confidence that our clowns are choosing correctly, but sorry, I really don't.

Oh well. Here's hoping Nix can build a superstar roster for Frazier like he has in Minnesota. He's gonna most likely need it.

Seattle and Cleveland are looking now. The Bills wanted a GM in place to hopefully lure someone like Cowher. But seriously do we need to be rejected by every GM candidate along with every HC candidate??

PTR

Somewhat true, I forgot. Holmgren is Cleveland's VP or whatever. Which is just as good. And no, there is no way in hell Buffalo hired a GM to get Cowher. There is about a 0% chance of that. If the Bills wanted Cowher, they would approach him first, BEFORE hiring a GM. Cowher almost certainly would want a say in who the GM is, and/or he'd want to be the GM and coach. If in the event Cowher wanted Nix, he'd be hired by now. If you have no GM, there isn't a smart team in the NFL who would hire one first, and then approach him. Cowher would have already signed off on Nix, if he truly was coming here.

It just kinda stinks to be turned down by EVERYONE. I mean man, this city's fans are waiting to explode for a winner. What's so fuggin good about Cleveland? Cleveland. Seriously, the Browns. Crappy, dirty, bad weather city. Tradition of losing. I mean, I don't get all this "tradition" that the Browns supposedly have. Especially compared to Buffalo. Seattle, really? Yuppyville Seattle? Seattle isn't a football town. Great, they get loud every once in a while, which hasn't really got them squat. They have a tradition of losing. Long losing. And yes, their owner now has money, but he really doesn't spend like Jerry Jones.

If we can't beat out those teams.....what does that say about us? I mean really. My god. The only thing I like is that if we guess right on the next coordinator, if he can turn it around, we will be sticking up everyone's ass. That will be sweet. But again.......we have to guess right.

:flirt:

Seattle and Cleveland are looking now. The Bills wanted a GM in place to hopefully lure someone like Cowher. But seriously do we need to be rejected by every GM candidate along with every HC candidate??

PTR

When the front office let the entire staff go, it seemed like something was about to play out. Do you suppose something went horribly wrong? There were reports that Billick and Cowher were assembling a staff which lent credence to the rumors that were swirling around those two. Why the big hurry to let go of everyone on Black Monday? Now Bobby April is gone forever... :flirt:

When the front office let the entire staff go, it seemed like something was about to play out. Do you suppose something went horribly wrong? There were reports that Billick and Cowher were assembling a staff which lent credence to the rumors that were swirling around those two. Why the big hurry to let go of everyone on Black Monday? Now Bobby April is gone forever... :flirt:

And the more you think about it, someone as inept as John Guy is not only still here, he gets an interview for the GM job. However, you have a fantastic assistant in Bobby April, but yet, you can't even give him a courtesy interview for the head coaching job? When, he was the assistant head coach even?

Nothing ever makes sense with the clowns that run our team. I don't necessarily want April as head coach, but I wouldn't mind having him in for an interview, just to see what he thinks. He's been the ONLY bright spot for this franchise in a long time.

Ralphie had a chair like the one that Ben Franklin was sitting on when Jefferson was having the Declaration reviewed in HBO's award-winning series "John Adams"... Ralphie pushed and wheeled backwards out his office door, yelled down the hallway, "BUDDY, WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE DA GEE M OF FOOOTBAHLLL"... and so concluded the exhaustive search for a new general manager... of football.

Out of work head coaches aspiring to make a return to the NFL assemble a staff in preparation for an interview. It is in no way an indication that they've already been hired. Bobby April was gone the minute he was passed over for the interim head coaching position in favor of Perry Fewell. I have no idea why they chose Fewell to be the interim coach over Bobby April, who was already the assistant head coach, and who's special teams had been stellar (as opposed to our defense) every year prior to this one.

And the more you think about it, someone as inept as John Guy is not only still here, he gets an interview for the GM job. However, you have a fantastic assistant in Bobby April, but yet, you can't even give him a courtesy interview for the head coaching job? When, he was the assistant head coach even?

Nothing ever makes sense with the clowns that run our team. I don't necessarily want April as head coach, but I wouldn't mind having him in for an interview, just to see what he thinks. He's been the ONLY bright spot for this franchise in a long time.

All of this is bizzare to say the least. I have a hard time believing that the Bills will jump on a DC or OC after what Nix stated. It should be fascinating to see "what comes out in the wash" when the search is over. Billick and Cowher have been mysterious characters. As smug as all the reporters seem to be about Cowher not coming here, tells me that Cowher is selling the biggest smokescreen in history or...more likely...is truly not interested. Strange though, that one of Cowher's close friends in NC (Marty) seemed to think that there was a real possibility that Cowher could come to Buffalo.

Dont let facts get the way of a perfectly good rant

Ummm, yeah, I think we already covered this. I really didn't mean to slip up and DOWNGRADE him to GM. He's even higher than that, which is even better. He is their Russ Brandon.

Imagine that as fact. Sucks to be us.

Look for an established, experienced GM? Us? Why would we? Given all the success we've had recently? Oh, wait a minute... :flirt:

There aren't exactly established, experienced GMs just walking around. The best way to grab one is to steal one that already is working as a GM for another team..... good luck taking a successful GM away from a successful team and bring them here.

There aren't exactly established, experienced GMs just walking around. The best way to grab one is to steal one that already is working as a GM for another team..... good luck taking a successful GM away from a successful team and bring them here.

Proven GM Floyd Reese is out there "just walking around". He's also consulting BB and the Patriots now. He will be interviewing for the Seahawks job this week. Do you think he would have been a better guy to talk to than say.....John Guy. And if you cite the Rooney Rule, do you think that maybe he would be one that we could have talked to in addition to John Guy and Tom Modrak?