Why doesnt a good HC want to come here?

DarthICE

Well lets see, the ONLY change in the Front office is Nix. So the same assclowns that have screwed up our drafts for the last decade and failed at Free Agent signings are still in Office.

We have let PRO BOWLERS go and let go guys that become probowlers on other teams while drafting guys like Whitner and pass on Ngata. Draft Maybin and pass on Orakpo. Traded away a guy that is thought of as a franchise LT...

And we wonder why no one worth a damn wants to come here? Yeah here is 10 million per year to help offset the pure !@#$ing stupidity that is our front office. Maybe looking at that 10 mill per year in the bank will help offset the pain and frustrtion of having to coach the ****ty team we provide you with and expect you to win.

Well lets see, the ONLY change in the Front office is Nix. So the same assclowns that have screwed up our drafts for the last decade and failed at Free Agent signings are still in Office.

We have let PRO BOWLERS go and let go guys that become probowlers on other teams while drafting guys like Whitner and pass on Ngata. Draft Maybin and pass on Orakpo. Traded away a guy that is thought of as a franchise LT...

And we wonder why no one worth a damn wants to come here? Yeah here is 10 million per year to help offset the pure !@#$ing stupidity that is our front office. Maybe looking at that 10 mill per year in the bank will help offset the pain and frustrtion of having to coach the ****ty team we provide you with and expect you to win.

Here would be my list of cons....

1. Uncertain ownership situation (Ralph's age and apparent lack of a succession plan).

2. History of letting good players walk in free agency (as you pointed out).

3. Current roster looks like it needs a lot of work before becoing a winner.

4. Personnel staff does not appear strong (will see what Nix can do).

5. Difficult to attract free agents without being highest bidder.

6. Top tier coach does not want to tarnish their own reputation with a bad stint in an organization that might not win.

Nix actually isn't a change either.

he was here last year, he just has a new title on his door.

It has yet to be determined if that title gives him any additional powers

4. Personnel staff does not appear strong (will see what Nix can do).

I think the draft and free agency will tell us a lot...word is, Jauron had the final say as far as what players were actually brought in. Now it'll be Nix...and he was key in bringing in Florence and I'd wager he had a lot of say in selecting Wood and Nelson as well, being from the southeast

In order to figure out why good coaches and players do not want to come to Buffalo,

try answering this question.

The economy in WNY is just horrible, always has been since the 70s.

Why is it that Buffalo and the surrounding area cannot attract big business to invest there?

If you can answer that question, you will answer the question about the Bills not being able to attract

formidable players and coaches.

Just about every move that was made in the last two years for players and personnel seemed to be cost cutting moves, because of the economy?

Instead of hiring a proven experienced offensive coordinator, Jauron promotes from within. Instead of hiring an experienced offensive line coach, Jauron promotes from within.

Jauron fires the 2nd yr OC and promotes from within again. The Bills trade away Peters, cut Dockery and Walker and the Bills think that rookies and inexperienced cheap linemen will get the job done, when the rookie line coach couldn't get it done with vets?

I'd have to think Levy hired Fairchild to run the offense, hired Jim McNally to coach the O line brought in high priced O linemen to build the offense. After Levy left and Jauron was on his own he started tearing it all apart.

Seems like every move that Marv Levy made as GM was blown up by Jauron, even to getting himself fired.

Just about every move that was made in the last two years for players and personnel seemed to be cost cutting moves, because of the economy?

Instead of hiring a proven experienced offensive coordinator, Jauron promotes from within. Instead of hiring an experienced offensive line coach, Jauron promotes from within.

Jauron fires the 2nd yr OC and promotes from within again. The Bills trade away Peters, cut Dockery and Walker and the Bills think that rookies and inexperienced cheap linemen will get the job done, when the rookie line coach couldn't get it done with vets?

I'd have to think Levy hired Fairchild to run the offense, hired Jim McNally to coach the O line brought in high priced O linemen to build the offense. After Levy left and Jauron was on his own he started tearing it all apart.

Seems like every move that Marv Levy made as GM was blown up by Jauron, even to getting himself fired.

hiring Schonert as QBs coach in the 1st place was idiotic...he's been poor at that job his whole career but as far as AVP taking over, at that point in time, it was the only move that could be made

Regarding Peters and Dockery, they were awful last year, Peters because he's an unprofessional slob who tanked it on purpose

Walker...if we hadn't been trying to run a no-huddle, would likely still be here

Well, the "brain trust" certainly has no problem with anyone assuming all the problems were the head coach and coaching staff, that's for darn sure. Might also explain why other NFL coaches aren't lining up to stick their necks in the guillotine.

I think you have to look at it the other way. What positives would you use to convince a 'good' coach to come here?

I think the main, if not only reason, is rabid die-hard fan base. That's an advantage over most any NFL franchise. It's not a minor point either.

However for an established NFL coach, it's just not enough. Guys want to know they'll be able to win. I really don't know what our sales pitch is.

I think you have to look at it the other way. What positives would you use to convince a 'good' coach to come here?

I think the main, if not only reason, is rabid die-hard fan base. That's an advantage over most any NFL franchise. It's not a minor point either.

However for an established NFL coach, it's just not enough. Guys want to know they'll be able to win. I really don't know what our sales pitch is.

We have none. These rumors of Cowher wanting to have a ton of money to spend on his players is just his ability to control the personnel, something Ralph wont' allow.

Bottom line, other than moving Nix and Brandon up in title, this is the same ****ty front office that has made HORRIBLE personnel moves for a decade now. No HC worth his salt is going to ruin his rep by coming here and being strapped with retards making the personnel decisions.

Because Bill Cowher wants to walk into a job that requires minimal or no re-building.

It's as simple as that.

I don't know if that is totally true. Last year, he had a chance to interview with DAL, NYJ, DET, DEN, WAS. He simply wasn't interested in any of them. And he also said this almost a year ago today:

Asked his reaction to the NFL Network's Adam Schefter reporting he "is not mentally ready" to go back to the NFL, Cowher responded: "I don't know what he meant by that. My basis of making my decision is to get the itch to turn around a program and bring it a championship. That's what would drive you. I know the commitment it takes. And right now, the timing isn't right."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...04-cowher_N.htm

If he means that, it gives me the impression he wouldn't shy away from a challenge. The dig at Schefter there is also interesting.